• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Choosing crash bars on 2021 nc750x

bumblepee

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,

I am considering to get some crash bars on my new NC750. I saw a bunch online, some seem too small, some cover the radiator area instead of the engine area, etc. I am planning to maybe add some fog lights to increase night visibility (the standard lights suck and I want to be seen more at night).

I am liking the Impreda, but can't find posts on NC750 with Impreda crashbars. The one thing I am not sure I like on Impreda is the protrusion on the side. Looks like it will scratch some car if I do lane filtering. But on the other hand I saw some foot pegs that can be mounted on the crash bar for placing the feet to relax during travel (I like that idea a lot, changing foot position can help). So maybe those protrusions on Impreda can serve to rest my feet?

Thank you.

Will they actually help in a real crash?

Will they add unnecessary weight to a bike that is already about 500#?

Will they just help out (maybe) if you drop the bike accidentally? Likely 98% of the so-called 'crash bars' are mostly cosmetic or might (maybe) save a scratch on plastic in a parking lot tip over.

Will they lighten your wallet and serve minimal function but look 'cool' when you park your bike at Starbucks?

T-Rex has some that don't have the slider. I have no personal experience with them just thought they fit with your desired design. I think there are some from Eastern Europe. Can't recall the name but maybe someone else can chime in on them.

T-Rex

Will they actually help in a real crash?

Will they add unnecessary weight to a bike that is already about 500#?

Will they just help out (maybe) if you drop the bike accidentally? Likely 98% of the so-called 'crash bars' are mostly cosmetic or might (maybe) save a scratch on plastic in a parking lot tip over.

Will they lighten your wallet and serve minimal function but look 'cool' when you park your bike at Starbucks?
You are making me doubt now. I don't need crash bars for looks, I need them because the bike is new and I am being quite careful when driving to avoid slides or drops. I would like to have piece of mind and drive a little more aggressive with the piece of mind that a fall will not scar the bike at multiple places and drop the value by thousands of dollars. Are you saying that crash bars would not help much with protecting the engine and cosmetics?

Everyone has their own idea on the effectiveness of crash bars or engine guards. They would probably help some in a stand still tip over or low speed low side, but you are still going to have damage depending on what the bike hits or how it slides. Engine guards generally dont protect fairings, windshields, handlebars/ bar ends, levers, mirrors, gauges, turn signals, mufflers etc. But there is a chance they will protect engine covers, possibly preventing a puncture and loss of oil allowing you to ride home from a slow speed spill if you are not injured. I think a lot of people get them just so they can mount aux lights and highway pegs.

Click on my profile and look at my post on the Rucka Gaza or R Gaza crash bars. I recommend them and there is one that's a little bit more expensive that's more comprehensive and I think if I were to do it again I would probably get that one but the ones I got work I had a crash back in January and I went flying over the handlebars I was going around 25 miles an hour I clipped a front tire on a three wheeler it was a group ride one of those Polaris three-wheel things. If I did not have that engine guard crash bar it would have totaled the bike.

Regarding highway pegs the handlebars on the NCR much too short and if you look at Harley Davidson most Riders that do highway pegs also get a backrest because you really need it for support.

Regarding lane filtering what the R-Gaza in San Diego I do tons of it it's a must as long as the crash bar is not as wide as the handlebars it shouldn't be a problem.

Final comment on the R-Gaza is that sometimes they're available on Amazon and sometimes they're not when I ordered mine they were not in stock so I got it on eBay and it's weird that comes all the way from Russia but it made it and everything was fine.

On a trip to Newfoundland, a fellow rider low sided in front of me on an uneven, slick, wet wooden bridge, probably doing 20 mph. Big semi-ridgid saddlebags and the crash bars saved the bike plastics and maybe his leg. Continued on with the trip. Only fixes needed when he got home was a new crash bar and a new hand guard (for cosmetic reasons). The bike was a Suzuki wee strom, but crash bar concept is all the same. I think the crash bar did what it was intended to do.

Thank you, the latest posts are more encouraging. I feel like the bike is naked without crash bars, and really like the idea of having some protection.

Click on my profile and look at my post on the Rucka Gaza or R Gaza crash bars. I recommend them and there is one that's a little bit more expensive that's more comprehensive and I think if I were to do it again I would probably get that one but the ones I got work I had a crash back in January and I went flying over the handlebars I was going around 25 miles an hour I clipped a front tire on a three wheeler it was a group ride one of those Polaris three-wheel things. If I did not have that engine guard crash bar it would have totaled the bike.

Regarding highway pegs the handlebars on the NCR much too short and if you look at Harley Davidson most Riders that do highway pegs also get a backrest because you really need it for support.

Regarding lane filtering what the R-Gaza in San Diego I do tons of it it's a must as long as the crash bar is not as wide as the handlebars it shouldn't be a problem.

Final comment on the R-Gaza is that sometimes they're available on Amazon and sometimes they're not when I ordered mine they were not in stock so I got it on eBay and it's weird that comes all the way from Russia but it made it and everything was fine.
@mrbios I looked at your posts. Looks like at the time you bought R-Gaza the price was around $200. The ones I can find on Amazon are $450 now, and I am really not willing to spend that much on those pieces of metal. The Inpreda (which at the time you wrote were more expensive) are currently $200.

I have no rush with these crash bars, just wanted to get some tips on what to get. Prices have gone crazy for all products here in the US though.

I like the SW motech. I had them on the CB500X, and now have them on the NC. I think most crash bars are really tip-over bars and places to hang extra lights and hi-way pegs.
I did crash my 955i tiger at about 50mph and the crash bars that I had on the bike lessened the damage but did not work as advertised.

Do they allow lane filtering in PA?
No they don't allow filtering in PA... legally. But I did it frequently in the city when I had a 125cc scooter. I usually did it carefully, not much between the cars but on the side if possible. Knowing the timing of lights and geometry of crossings helps a lot to move at the right time. Sometimes I used to go briefly on bike lanes when traffic was stopped, but always careful not to disrupt bikes and mindful that cars might decide to pull over without looking back.

I had only two verbal disputes in my 2-3 years of doing it on a scooter. One was with an a*hole driver who was jealous of sitting in traffic and did not like that a two-wheeled vehicle can get past the traffic jam, but that was unusual. The other one was much less concerning, with a police car. He just warned me not to pass cars. I tried to be even more careful after that, and usually the best strategy was to pass on the right side of cars. If I saw a police car between the bunch, I would just fake that I was pulling over to answer the phone. You gotta do what you gotta do, until something happens to allow filtering in PA.

With the NC I don't do it much, but I still do it, usually not between the cars but on one of the sides. Drivers get really scared when they see a motorcycle between the cars, which they don't expect. They care less if the bike uses a turn lane or something like that to get first in line. Bikes never go slow to block the traffic when they are first in line, so nobody is pissed for motorcycles passing along. But, again, I don't do it frequently because there are still pricks around and the NC is much bigger than my good old "innocent" 125cc scooter.

Sorry for the long answer, I was in the mood of explaining things :)

No they don't allow filtering in PA... legally. But I did it frequently in the city when I had a 125cc scooter. I usually did it carefully, not much between the cars but on the side if possible. Knowing the timing of lights and geometry of crossings helps a lot to move at the right time. Sometimes I used to go briefly on bike lanes when traffic was stopped, but always careful not to disrupt bikes and mindful that cars might decide to pull over without looking back.

I had only two verbal disputes in my 2-3 years of doing it on a scooter. One was with an a*hole driver who was jealous of sitting in traffic and did not like that a two-wheeled vehicle can get past the traffic jam, but that was unusual. The other one was much less concerning, with a police car. He just warned me not to pass cars. I tried to be even more careful after that, and usually the best strategy was to pass on the right side of cars. If I saw a police car between the bunch, I would just fake that I was pulling over to answer the phone. You gotta do what you gotta do, until something happens to allow filtering in PA.

With the NC I don't do it much, but I still do it, usually not between the cars but on one of the sides. Drivers get really scared when they see a motorcycle between the cars, which they don't expect. They care less if the bike uses a turn lane or something like that to get first in line. Bikes never go slow to block the traffic when they are first in line, so nobody is pissed for motorcycles passing along. But, again, I don't do it frequently because there are still pricks around and the NC is much bigger than my good old "innocent" 125cc scooter.

Sorry for the long answer, I was in the mood of explaining things :)
I believe that filtering is safer than leaving our asses hanging out there for the car behind us to hit, but passing on the right is, not so safe. Filtering has been legal here in CA for ages so I think drivers are used to it, but they can't see what's coming up on their far side. The ones in the far left lane often leave some room to pass them on the right and that is where most of my focus is when I'm filtering because the people on my right can much more easily see me. My advice is to only filter in the far left pair of lanes (we have 8 lane freeways out here in Cali) and never on the outside. Take care.

I have the sw Motech on my 2015. They are very sturdy. I have not crashed the bike, but I drop it once and the bars seemed to work. They are NOT easy to install.

I am liking the Impreda, but can't find posts on NC750 with Impreda crashbars. The one thing I am not sure I like on Impreda is the protrusion on the side. Looks like it will scratch some car if I do lane filtering. But on the other hand I saw some foot pegs that can be mounted on the crash bar for placing the feet to relax during travel (I like that idea a lot, changing foot position can help). So maybe those protrusions on Impreda can serve to rest my feet?
Those are the same bars I chose for my 21 NC. They are quality made in Eastern Europe, sturdy, easy to install (I did have to slightly enlarge one mount hole that wouldn’t quite line up) and attractively priced. Will certainly protect the front half of the bike (minus perhaps bar ends/levers) from tip overs and low speed crashes. Certainly as well or better than other more expensive brands. And they look good on the bike without being overly “cage like” as some I’ve seen. Those built-in sliders are heavy plastic (they screw on), replaceable and should provide even greater protection. They are not perfectly positioned to use as highway pegs, but can function that way when you need to change position a couple hours into your ride for a short while. I give them a definite thumbs up.

R-GAZA 2021 NC750X

Excellent bars. I will remove the side stand guard and grind it just a bit,
its too close to the radiator hose for my liking (temporary, pipe bracket
protecting it). Easy install, torque the engine mounting bolts.
Saves: the engine/bike parts, mounted lights on it, mounted hose on two
top bars for extended foot rests, liked this better than highway pegs,
may save leg/foot in event of crash.

Check out the ads/site , most offers have lower and upper engine bars.
I just wanted the lowers .

Attachments

• IMG_0907.jpg
    IMG_0907.jpg
    675.9 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_0906.jpg
    IMG_0906.jpg
    609.3 KB · Views: 119
R-GAZA 2021 NC750X

Excellent bars. I will remove the side stand guard and grind it just a bit,
its too close to the radiator hose for my liking (temporary, pipe bracket
protecting it). Easy install, torque the engine mounting bolts.
Saves: the engine/bike parts, mounted lights on it, mounted hose on two
top bars for extended foot rests, liked this better than highway pegs,
may save leg/foot in event of crash.

Check out the ads/site , most offers have lower and upper engine bars.
I just wanted the lowers .
I also have the R-Gaza bars like these. I really like them and they protected my NC quite well in a fall.

I went with T-Rex crash bars as they are not as wide as others. Very happy with them so far BUT did not test them while dropping the bike.

Attachments

• IMG_2116.jpeg
    IMG_2116.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 69
  • IMG_2120.jpeg
    IMG_2120.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 69
  • IMG_2117.jpeg
    IMG_2117.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 67
I went with T-Rex crash bars as they are not as wide as others. Very happy with them so far BUT did not test them while dropping the bike.
Try them and let us know. Go ahead an push it over!

I installed the R-Gaza bars on my 2015 700X. I unexpectedly tested them one day and they worked great.

R-Gaza - something that never noticed until the other day.... they are almost invisible. They are small and really blend-in to the motor so for people that don't want to "spoil" the look of their bike this could be a point in their favor.

Back