• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Clearwater Lights on a Denali light bar? Anyone?

ld_rider

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Trying to get some serious lighting going and was thinking I <really> like the reviews and comments on the Clearwater Krista lamps Krista Info Page.

Was thinking the Denali NC700x specific light mount would be a sweet place to install them. Denali Auxiliary Light Mounting Bracket for Honda NC700X '12-'15 - TwistedThrottle.com

My concern is the weight of the lamps: 17 ounces each...I can't find the weight of the Denali lamps that this mount supports so not sure if the Kristas are too heavy..Don't want these expensive lamps bouncing around or worse, breaking the mount.

Anybody have any thoughts on how robust the Denali mount actually is? Maybe there is a better way to mount the Kristas? Is there a better LED maybe?

TIA

Whoo hoo big money! The Krista's are gorgeous but oh so pricey! I can definitely see why you wouldn't want of those snapping off the bracket. Ok, I have the Denali mounting bracket and I will say it's a pretty stout piece. I really can't see a light being heavy enough to bend it or crack it unless we're talking a street light. Now, that said I don't have it installed yet so all I can base my claim on is having actually held it in my hand. I've got a pair of Denali D4's I'm going to mount on it and I know the bar is rated for the D4. I'll try to remember to weigh one of the D4's when I get home and make sure it's not somehow drastically lighter than the Kristas.

EDIT:Might want to give Twisted Throttle a call and run your question by them. They do most of the R&D for Denali mounts and such in house so I'm sure they could give you a far more educated answer than I can as to what lights you can use on the NC700X specific mount.

^^^^^ Thank you sir! ^^^^

Just talked to Twisted Throttle and they indicate that yes, the Denali mount is very robust and yes, it should easily hold the weight of the Kristas...Ordered it just now...

Ok, I have the Denali mounting bracket and I will say it's a pretty stout piece

Just wondering, how wide is the Denali light bar? Trying to get an idea is the size of it and how far it sticks out
Maybe an overall measurement or a centre to light measurement

OP, ever get those Clearwaters mounted? Interested in some pics and opinions on the Denali light bar and the lights. I ended up making my own light bar out of some iron flat bar but thinking of seeing how much better the manufactured bar is.

I might be using the Denali light bar to install some Cyclops Long Range Optimus LED aux lights. These are pretty heavy and are 3.5" in dia. I will probably go with the upside down position for these installation as it will make a better triangle with the headlight.

I might be using the Denali light bar to install some Cyclops Long Range Optimus LED aux lights. These are pretty heavy and are 3.5" in dia. I will probably go with the upside down position for these installation as it will make a better triangle with the headlight.
The idea to mount on the underside is a good idea, I mounted small pair of lights, 10 watt LED, on the top of my light bar and it put the lights close enough to completely overpower the turn signals that were mounted just 5.5" above. I revolved the mounts and went with a position underneath the light bar so the turn signals were visible to oncoming traffic.

OP, ever get those Clearwaters mounted? Interested in some pics and opinions on the Denali light bar and the lights. I ended up making my own light bar out of some iron flat bar but thinking of seeing how much better the manufactured bar is.

I have the Clearwaters mounted and used them quite a bit during a long (14,000 mile) ride this summer. The are absolutely the best lights I have every ridden behind. Previously I have used PIAA 1100x and PIAA big honking 900 something or others...both of those pairs were halogens.

The Clearwater kit is very complete, and top quality (which you pay dearly for). I like the dimmer, it allows me to run them and not blind everyone. Riding at night in desolate areas I never once said to myself "Gee, I wish I had less lumens !" :)

As far as the Denali light bar goes, it was a simple install but I'm thinking it isn't any better than what you probably fabricated. It is just flat bar stock with a couple of holes in it and powdercoated black. I didn't have the time or resources to fabricate one myself otherwise I probably would have gone that route instead. Don't get me wrong, I like the bar, it is just that there really isn't much to it.

The fit of the Clearwaters on the bar and clearances between the lamps, bar and rest of the bike were perfect. I like having driving lamps mounted up high. This winter I might get a set of Clearwater Darla lamps and mount them on the crash bars with amber-colored lenses to make the bike more visible to oncoming traffic.

Would I buy the light bar and Clearwaters again if I had to do it over? Yes!

IMG_2517-L.jpg

IMG_2521-L.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the idea! I have a set of Cyclops long range optimus waiting for installing. The problem is, I haven't had the time to do so.
I will be making my own light bar now.
Thanks again.

Back