• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

clutch problem

Rudy30

Reaction score
Visit site
hi guys i have just fitted a new clutch set and the clutch keeps gripping i did all the settings but does the same thing the plate that are fitted has no markings on just the one is narrow than the rest which go on last and then after that the bike wont start get no spark at the plugs engine turn over normal can anyone help please

I have read a story or two where, following clutch work, the crankshaft position sensor was installed upside down or reversed. The sensor is mounted inside the right side engine cover, which you must remove to access the clutch. If the sensor is not mounted correctly, the engine will not run.

Regarding the clutch plate installation order, see the service manual or an exploded on-line parts illustration. Also, I think it is recommended that the friction plates be soaked in oil for some time before installing them.

Reactions: MZ5
I have read a story or two where, following clutch work, the crankshaft position sensor was installed upside down or reversed. The sensor is mounted inside the right side engine cover, which you must remove to access the clutch. If the sensor is not mounted correctly, the engine will not run.

Regarding the clutch plate installation order, see the service manual or an exploded on-line parts illustration. Also, I think it is recommended that the friction plates be soaked in oil for some time before installing them.
i had the plates in oil overnight before i put them in the washer that read outside does that come on the bearing or behind the lock nut did try to find some pictures but was unable to get some one help

2012 clutch parts illustration:
BDB8B119-BF11-4C15-BBAB-77FCC8005DEE.jpeg

Honda service manual does not say removal of CKP sensor rotor is req. for clutch removal. There is 3 friction discs used. Manual states "Install the spring seat, judder spring and clutch disc B to clutch center".disc B appears thinner in the I.D. dia. and shows 5.3~5.9mm thickness of friction material . Then "Install the clutch discs C and clutch plates alternately" disc C should be 9deg center to center of friction material. Then disc A and pressure plate" disc A should be 7deg 30sec center to center of friction material. Hope this helps as far as clutch goes but to not have spark recheck all fuses. The coils should have battery voltage on the primary side(Br, wire that get + thru fuel cut relay) and get triggered thru the Bu/Y for #1 and Y/Bu for #2. Use a high impedance meter 10M ohm only. Br= brown, Bu=blue,Y=yellow. Goodluck this is right out of the 2012 service manual

Back