• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

clutch

Rudy30

Reaction score
Visit site
hi guys on my ride home todaymy bike just started reving up on the speed started to slow i try to adjust the clutch but it still did the same thing and the side cover by the clutch side was very hot to touch when it had cooled off it work again for a bit but then it started reving up again and slow down does it mean that the clutch has packed up it is a honda nc700x 2012 model any input will be greatly appreciated and is it very expencive to overhaul the clutch (what kind of clutch is it )
Regards
Rudy

If you have adjusted the clutch cable such that there is definitely free play in the cable and in the actuator arm atop the right side engine cover, then your clutch plates could be worn out. The slippage symptom usually first appears under high load conditions, such as climbing a hill in a higher gear.

The cost of replacing the clutch plates, besides labor, tools, and some patience, is just a new set of clutch plates, and the sealant needed to reattached the right side engine case cover.

I attached a photo of the manual transmission’s clutch area on a 2012 NC700X I worked on in the past.

DD556B48-B949-431F-A23D-30A5ADB0F7CC.jpeg

thanks i have just stripped it and found that the plates have worn what sealant do you use remember iam in south africa and dont get any make of sealant out here.Regards
Rudy

Back