• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Coaching at the Junior Olympics this weekend

melensdad

Reaction score
Visit site
WARNING -- NOT motorcycle related

Flying out to Salt Lake City this afternoon. 7 of my students qualified for the Junior Olympics in 7 different events. 6 of those 7 are actually attending the event.
  1. Junior Men's Saber (through age 19)
  2. Cadet Men's Saber (through age 16)
  3. Junior Women's Saber
  4. Cadet Women's Saber
  5. Junior Men's Foil
  6. Cadet Women's Foil
  7. Junior Women's Epee
Only the Junior Women's Saber student is not attending.

The competition starts at 8am tomorrow morning and my last student will finish up about lunchtime on Monday. I fly home on Monday evening.

Honestly all of them are outclassed at this event, so I'm expecting a lot of losses. Serious competitors start fencing about age 8 to 10. All of my kids started in High School and most of them did not get serious about taking lessons or going to outside competitions until this last year. They are all competent at high school events but will be beaten like a drum in a 15 minute drum solo at this event. I believe they have all been mentally prepared for this, I believe their parents have also been mentally prepared for this too. Only 1 of them has ever been to a national level event, only 2 of them have real fencing experience. So most will simply be guppies swimming in a trout pond.

But all are excited to go and all want to get into serious competitions so this will be their starting point.

Sofia my Junior Women's Epee fencer did better than expected and we were thrilled with one particular bout. She was fencing against a Notre Dame varsity fencer and won the bout. 5-4. Sofia is a high school student who only started getting serious about fencing a few months ago.

Back