• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Combined ABS ?

auldain

Reaction score
Visit site
Can anyone tell me if the UK spec'd 2018 model of the NC750X DCT has Combined ABS? I’ve read conflicting reports. Some say it doesn’t while others say it does but only when applying the rear brake pedal. Need clarification.

Time to experiment? Put the bike on the centre stand apply the rear brake and try to spin the front tyre?
A combined system using electronics to send rear brake pressure to the front would have to use the ABS system to measure relative wheel speed. On the center stand with front wheel not turning wouldn’t the ABS system be temporarily disabled in calibration mode with ABS light illuminated?

I concede the point. I was confusing the NC700x linked brakes, where one piston on the front wheel calliper is linked to the rear brake, with combined ABS.

A combined system using electronics to send rear brake pressure to the front would have to use the ABS system to measure relative wheel speed. On the center stand with front wheel not turning wouldn’t the ABS system be temporarily disabled in calibration mode with ABS light illuminated?

But that's not how Honda implemented the C-ABS on the NC, it wasn't an electronic thing (at least in 2012 it wasn't). The 3-pot caliper up front had 2 pistons tied to the front brake lever and the centre (smaller) piston hooked to the rear pedal, so every time you applied the rear you got some squeeze up front. As a side effect, you get better performance from the front brake when you also apply the rear brake. There was a proportional valve somewhere in the system that both regulated how much pressure was applied up front and added a bit of delay (and progressive application) to the front when the rear was squeezed.

Unless they revised the system in later years, the "combined" aspect and the "ABS" aspect had nothing to do with each other, except that they were both incorporated to the C-ABS system, so non-ABS bikes had no combined braking (only 2 pistons in the caliper up front).

But that's not how Honda implemented the C-ABS on the NC, it wasn't an electronic thing (at least in 2012 it wasn't). The 3-pot caliper up front had 2 pistons tied to the front brake lever and the centre (smaller) piston hooked to the rear pedal, so every time you applied the rear you got some squeeze up front. As a side effect, you get better performance from the front brake when you also apply the rear brake. There was a proportional valve somewhere in the system that both regulated how much pressure was applied up front and added a bit of delay (and progressive application) to the front when the rear was squeezed.

Unless they revised the system in later years, the "combined" aspect and the "ABS" aspect had nothing to do with each other, except that they were both incorporated to the C-ABS system, so non-ABS bikes had no combined braking (only 2 pistons in the caliper up front).
If I'm not mistaken, the 3 pot caliper was only on the first few year models, and later went to a different system with different front caliper design.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I think the 2014-15 models did not have combined breaking (my 2015 DCT does not). The public info is very confusing as to what years and what countries got combined breaking. I don’t know why they dropped it, unless it was a cost thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The OP is talking about a 2018 model. Only 2012 and 2013 models used mechanically combined braking with the 3 piston front caliper.

The OP is talking about a 2018 model. Only 2012 and 2013 models used mechanically combined braking with the 3 piston front caliper.

As far as I know, those were the only NCs with C-ABS.
The eC-ABS was older technology used on SS models (CBR600, etc.), I think. I could be wrong.
Quickly searching on a few Honda sites shows no indication that C-ABS is on any of the newer NC models.

As far as I know, those were the only NCs with C-ABS.
The eC-ABS was older technology used on SS models (CBR600, etc.), I think. I could be wrong.
Quickly searching on a few Honda sites shows no indication that C-ABS is on any of the newer NC models.

Yes, at least in the UK the only NC's with C-ABS were the 2012 and 2013 NC700's. When the NC750's were introduced to the UK market they no longer had C-ABS.

Sad to hear Honda did’nt use C-abs on the nc750, I was considering a new one now the Integra 700 has done140000kms. And the C-ABS is Working so well, extremly Well..!! In corners, Long High speed turns and even roundabouts it’s no problem and with no drama to Brake hard in allweather conditions, - leaves, gravel bring it on.. still no slipping or sliding.. just stop to a stand stil unproblematic.. ;)
Now i’m used to do it, - and feeling 100% safe to do so..
I can’t turn back to the ‘old’ ways.. get the bike upright and in a straight Line before braking..??!! NOoooo ;)
Please tell me there is a even better ABS system on the 750 series..??

Back