• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

coming up on 100K...

Any major things had to be replaced in the 100k?

The only thing that failed in 100,000 miles was the clutch. At 80K, it just quit working, so now I know that the NC clutch (for me) should be replaced about every 70,000 miles.

Other than that, there was NOTHING that needed fixing or replacement
.... (other than regular maint.)

Wow I wish I could say the same thing about my Silverado. I had to replace the engine and major suspension parts at 100k. My '14 NC has 50k miles and I feel confident putting another 50k.

That is great mileage.

I only ever once saw such mileage on a bike and that was a BM R100GS. The odometer on it went back to zero. It had a driveshaft replaced, gearbox output shaft bearings were replaced twice, a Crank seal, and a clutch. I subsequently was told that the BM dealer sold it on with the 38,000kms showing on the odometer that I had put on it, but seemingly forgot to mention the other 100,000 Kms to the purchaser. He was one reason (among others) why I never owned a BM again after the one that replaced the GS.

Wow I wish I could say the same thing about my Silverado. I had to replace the engine and major suspension parts at 100k. My '14 NC has 50k miles and I feel confident putting another 50k.
That is what you get for buying a Government Motors vehicle. My HONDA truck is running fine with 398,000+ miles. :)

Congrats Strat. Well done.

My accord is almost up to 167k mi...need to troubleshoot the condenser fan, needs a new paint job and leather on the seats, tranny may need work soon (metal in fluid), prolly could use new gaskets... otherwise it's great. :D

Big milestone there Strat! And, you did it in less than 5 years. Congratulations.

I wish my butt would do better in taking the punishment needed to do this.

On a side note, and not meant in any way to belittle StratTuner's accomplishment: Isn't it weird how we celebrate these big round numbers, when in reality it's only relevant in the base 10 number system? If we used base 8 or base 12, or even base 2, the goals reached would actually be different but we would celebrate the big round numbers just the same, don't ya think?

Last edited:
Tom Lehrer once said
"Base eight is just like base 10, really,... if you're missing two fingers"
That's from the song "New Math" ...well worth looking up on YouTube [emoji2]

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Congratulations on the milestone, Strat! I'm glad that Arizona NCX has treated you well! :)

Sure love to see a pic when it rolls to 100k!

Isn't it weird how we celebrate these big round numbers, when in reality it's only relevant in the base 10 number system? If we used base 8 or base 12, or even base 2, the goals reached would actually be different but we would celebrate the big round numbers just the same, don't ya think?

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't. But just think of the bragging rights as in binary, Strat would be approaching 11000011010100000 miles!

Congrats Strat. You are trooper grade.

Lee

Last edited:
You should reach out to HONDA with that pic - like in that show on Married with Children when AL fell asleep in his DODGE trying to take a pic at 1000000 or whatever miles he had LOL. Maybe some of you may recall that episode... :) Honda just might take that pic up for marketing - hahahaha

Back