• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

coming up on 100K...

Did you move on to a different ride or did you get another NC ?
I now ride a Yamaha FJR-1300.
Ever since reading Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance as a teen, I've wished for shaft driven, road ready, touring machine. Reading about the "Iron Butt Rally" also helped in that choice.
I can still hit all the camping places I ever went to as they were mostly along groomed, dirt roads, but as I get older, I visit few of those.
I'm planning a coast-to-coast ride as soon as that becomes practical again. I'll be camping at RV places and State sites to save money.
I continue to visit this board as I consider it my home. It has sensible motorcycle riders who are polite problem solvers at heart.

I now ride a Yamaha FJR-1300.
Ever since reading Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance as a teen, I've wished for shaft driven, road ready, touring machine. Reading about the "Iron Butt Rally" also helped in that choice.
I can still hit all the camping places I ever went to as they were mostly along groomed, dirt roads, but as I get older, I visit few of those.
I'm planning a coast-to-coast ride as soon as that becomes practical again. I'll be camping at RV places and State sites to save money.
I continue to visit this board as I consider it my home. It has sensible motorcycle riders who are polite problem solvers at heart.
hey Strat,,,whenever you do the coast-to-coast thing, inform us...I am sure many of us want to meet up with you and introduce ourselves...

hey Strat,,,whenever you do the coast-to-coast thing, inform us...I am sure many of us want to meet up with you and introduce ourselves...
I will post details and preparation photos just like the last big road trip I took... That turned out to be the last big trip for my NC, and it's worth looking at...
I'm not sure that I'm worth meeting, but wow thanks for saying so. (smile)

the link for that post is [HERE].

edit: I just looked over the thread, and I really enjoyed taking all the photos showing the gear I carried. They show up on the board smaller than they originally did, but all the information is still there. Might be useful to someone...

Last edited:
Back