• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Common problems.

bobk100

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all.

I posted this earlier but it seems to have got lost.

I'm toying about a NC700x 2012 with 20k miles

I got the one about the rider seat. Any other pointers on common faults ?

Cheers

None known.

There are complaints (budget suspension, uncomfortable seat, as examples), but not any common faults that I can think of. My ‘12 has been trouble-free since new. Only 50-some thousand miles, though. Strat put ~125k on his without significant incident. Just normal wear and tear.

I'd check the oil change records, the chain (the OEM isn't great), sprockets, & brake pads . Other than those consumables I don't think there's problem areas per say.

I'd check the oil change records, the chain (the OEM isn't great), sprockets, & brake pads . Other than those consumables I don't think there's problem areas per say.

Done the deed today !! I'm now the proud owner.

First step when I pick it up will be to put a higher wider screen.

I'm going to mothball my trusty old Funduro as a keepsake.

Regards.

No shaft or belt drive.

Another common problem is rolling up to a gas station with your buddies and everyone ignores the Triumphs and BMWs for your quirky little Honda with the frunk.

The common fault is the low redline and so-so power. Mechanically & Electrically? Golden.
The NC (New Concept) entails a low redline. If the power output or the redline is not to one’s liking, then they should be shopping for a different motorcycle.

The low revs was a contrubuting factor to my buying it!

OK, so I'm a bit oddball but I don't like engines that rev their nuts off. I'm a single and twin fan (BMW up to now) with the odd 4 pot (K100's & K1200rs). The low revs are relaxing leaving more concentration room. Another good addition is earplugs to aid concentration. If you think about it, say you're in the jam jar car looking for an address or whatever, whats the thing you unconciously do? Turn the radio down?

As regards power, the 700 is a tiny bit up on the F650 Funduro I've had for twenty years, but that put a smile on my face even last week when I used it. Blimey, my partner couldn't do that after 7yrs!!

Indeed, I sometimes did Advanced Instruction on the F650. That used to get some real sideways looks when I rocked up, until the clients couldn't lose me. Part of that secret was I mostly took them around the twisties. You can basically only go so fast round the twisties whatever bike.

Anyway - that's my sermon from the mount (the NC7X mount) Didn't mean to drone on but I think the 700X is going to be real fun when I get delivery. Might even contemplate a track day...... Mmmm

Regards

I know of no other engine that has its' crank offset allowing even sidewall pressure.
That, the mild state of tune and being Honda should run well past 100K and beyond.

Hi all.

I posted this earlier but it seems to have got lost.

I'm toying about a NC700x 2012 with 20k miles

I got the one about the rider seat. Any other pointers on common faults ?

Cheers

Inexplicably doesn't come with a rear mudguard, so your expensive shock gets everything full in the face. Mudguards only about £12 on eBay. You can also buy a shock-sock. Use instead of or as well as a mudguard. Not having a mudguard also threatens your swingarm. Caught mine and the shock just in time. Bought 2nd hand 7 yrs old. Derusted and painted both. Apart from that it's absolutely brilliant. Rides like a big single, or a grunty diesel.

Back