• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Competition Accessories dot com

soggybottom

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
In my google search for a new Helmet a month ago I came across Motorcycle Helmets, Motorcycle Jackets, Motorcycle Gear at Competition Accessories . They advertised an Aria XD3 in XXL for $299 with free ship and a credit for next purchase for $13.50. They called it a closeout and I figgered I was getting a display model or a returned item but to my delite it was in factory box and unopened, brand spankin new. Great service fast ship and their site still says Arai XD3 starting at $299, I had no choice in color but who's complaining when I got a $600 helmet for $299! I already used my credit for the tinted shield/visor and got another credit for another 4 bucks:)

They're the ones I bought my Arai from, too. I was looking for one of Arai's certified e-dealers, since no local shops where I lived then stocked ny of the model I needed to try. I like them!

What is the build date? Should be on the right hand chin strap. Often close outs are old helmets, still new, but close to 5 years old.

I just bought a Firstgear Textile Jacket from them today, for a $100.00. So far I like Compacc.com. I also ordered all my luggage from them.
I figured I saved over $250.00 with them on that order.
I just saw they had the HJC IS-MAX BT Helmets - Bluetooth Modular - Solids in my size for $149.49 that's not bad.

What is the build date? Should be on the right hand chin strap. Often close outs are old helmets, still new, but close to 5 years old.

The date on mine is 9/09 so its off the 5 yr thing by a month, Arai warrenty says 7 yrs or 5 yrs from date put into use, so $300 is still a bargain. If a Fiberglass boat can live in salt water sun and rain for 20+++ yrs I'm certain that a helmet that spends thousands of hours less time in the weather will last way beyond what manufactorers say. They must not want you to know about the date it was made, I really had to dig to find it, well hidden, nice trick for their warrenty.

The date on mine is 9/09 so its off the 5 yr thing by a month, Arai warrenty says 7 yrs or 5 yrs from date put into use, so $300 is still a bargain. If a Fiberglass boat can live in salt water sun and rain for 20+++ yrs I'm certain that a helmet that spends thousands of hours less time in the weather will last way beyond what manufactorers say. They must not want you to know about the date it was made, I really had to dig to find it, well hidden, nice trick for their warrenty.
Yes, I have owned several boats over 40 years old still in great physical shape. FG lasts a very long time but it is the energy absorbing properties of the expanded polystyrene liner that change over time. It gets harder and absorbs impact less. I agree you got a good deal on the helmet but it is for a reason the retail value fell from a comparable helmet mfg in 2012 for example. Sure, the 5 / 7 year standard might be conservative. I have an RF1000 that is over 6 years old that I wear occasionally. I haven't worn it much since 2007 and it is stored in a climate controlled environment. Still, I know it is aging and accept the risk but I would not buy one like it not knowing how it was stored. Just food for thought.

Back