• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

considering

johnakay

Site Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
in getting a mxi scooter .
might be better suited for us these days.
currently I have 2 bikes so one will have to go.
the one I fancy getting is the new Honda Forza 350,85 mpg over 200 on a full tank and up to 85 mph.
we went for a full day ride out on my tracer 700 and did 227 miles by the time we got home.
I was absolutely shattered and took nearly 2 days to fully recover.
bleeding road work,took us 2.5 hrs just to do 90 miles.
most days out doing 160 miles I've had enough by the time we get home.
so a little scooter might be better for us two.I rarely do more than 60/65 mph even less on moor roads which can get as low as 35 mph.
also planning to tour once or twice a year (unless it get safe to travel a broad.)
fast approaching 70 (November) not saying I'm getting old .my mind is still young but my body thinks other wise.:D
I dont want to get to point thats it I've had enough.
when I had the ER6F ,had that 4 years only only did 4,000 .one year I didn't ride it at all and I nearly packed it all in then if it wasn't for my good lass I would of done.
s-l1600.jpg

Had a Vespa 250 GTS that did everything I wanted (for one) except pack enough gear for camping trips; including doing a 1,000 miles in a long weekend.

Nice machine.

We have a 2003 Honda Reflex 250 scooter, actually a forerunner to that 350.

Our scooter advantages are ease of operation and maintenance, low center of gravity, comfortable seat with low seat height, good wind management.

Disadvantages are small wheels and short suspension travel (bad for rough roads), feet forward back breaker ergonomics.

Good luck. If it keeps you on two wheels, go for it!

Last edited:
I rode a Honda Helix for 10 years, along with my ST1300, and loved it. Took wife to work on it, rode to jobs, and it was great for errands. It was unlikely to get stolen ( who’d want it???) and got 65 mpg, was easy to park, and it was REALLY fun to ride in the twisties. Minimal maintenance (.65 quarts of oil to change), the belt looked brand new at 12k miles, but I put a new one on anyway. It cost about 20 bux.
I only traded up to the NC because I wanted something with a little more comfortable range- I agree on the “foot forward” position, hard on the back after a few hours. The Helix was a bit too pokey ( slow) for highway riding here.

Ever thought about buying a cruiser? Cruisers, much like DCT, are one of those things I likely would have never tried if it weren't for losing my leg and having to do what I could to get back to riding (before discovering the DCT NC). But now, my Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad 1600 is a staple in my garage. No plans to ever get rid of it. Old lady ran me off the road and destroyed my other Nomad 1600 last December, and I had that bike for around 5 years. Insurance paid me good for it, and I found another identical to it for almost exactly what insurance paid me for it, and it only had a little under 5k miles on it.

Anyways, I can ride that bike all day long in stock form in pure comfort. OEM seats are comfy for both me and passenger, perfect wind protection from the large windshield, plenty storage room in saddle bags, very nimble and good handling bike to be a bigger cruiser, plenty power to run 80-90 mph all day long. It's just a pleasure to ride, and they can be had fairly cheap in the states. Not sure of their availability in the UK, and maybe cruisers just aren't as "cool" over there?

We've had 2 Yamaha Majesty 400's. I thought they were great. Wouldn't want to do 227 miles in one sitting on one, but they were great for the 100 miles, stop for lunch, 100 miles home trips and perfect for the 50-60 mile pleasure ride days.

I was considering another maxi scooter when I bought my 2021 NC 750, but none of the manufacturers bring Maxi scooters to the US anymore.

As far as foot forward riding position, I was able to put my feet below my hips on the built in floorboards when I wanted to, and out front like highway pegs on the floorboards when I wanted to do that too.

A8qCgNGh.jpg

Last edited:
Had a Vespa 250 GTS that did everything I wanted (for one) except pack enough gear for camping trips; including doing a 1,000 miles in a long weekend.
I had the 200 GT and it was able to haul my 230 lb butt up over 80 MPH. Still one of the most enjoyable rides of my life.
If I go for a scooter again it would be the Scarabeo 500. The larger wheels are a bit nicer at speed.

forza not bad size wheels 15" on the front and 14" on the back.
never been a fan of cruisers but did consider a Triumph America.
beside wife doesn't like them to noisy she says.
as for back ache feet forward malarkey that can be sorted by putting a larger back rest.

I wished they had brought the Forza 750 to Canada, but no such luck.
My second choice was the NC750X DCT, which of course I bought.
I owned a 2009 Silverwing for 4 years before getting my Goldwing F6B.
The Silverwing was a decent ride; very comfortable for 2 up and decent power for the highway.
The suspension was crap, but that's to be expected.
The rubber band transmission was also OK, very low maintenance.
Here's the Forza 750:

honda-forza-750-21-04.jpg

I'm considering the 750 as well but with only touring once or twice a year??
@£9,999 its a bit much and beside I would need to carry side luggage which is what I would like to avoid.

I am a scooter fan and have been since the Wife first got an original Majesty. Imho Scooters are brill for commuting, but if You want to do more than that, then those small wheels can be hard on the body especially on the bumpy backroads. For comfort the best compromise is to have a scooter where the rear suspension is not part of the motor. In short that is achieved by the bigger bikes. I have an X-Adv which has an identity issue but has many scooter features. However it is a tall bike albeit it carries its weight low down. The Yamaha T Max is a good compromise imho. Low enough, reasonably good power and reasonable suspension.

I had a 2011 Burgman 400 that I traded in on my 2012 NC 700.

I am surprised that I actually do miss it.

60.5 mpg, and great under seat storage.

My biggest gripes were poor tire wear on the rear tire and the ridiculously high RPM at expressway speeds.

For around town and local backroads I think they are fantastic.

if You want to do more than that, then those small wheels can be hard on the body especially on the bumpy backroads. For comfort the best compromise is to have a scooter where the rear suspension is not part of the motor.

thats why I'm looking into the Forza 750.
the Forza 350 has a bigger wheels than the old maxi I had years ago.
front 15" and back is 14".
big price difference between the two £9,999 for the 750 and £5,499 for the 350.
I'm cutting down on long distance day rides.
150/180 is about it for me these days ,wife did suggest if on long runs perhaps stay over one nighter's.
planning only doing one tour a year to Scotland till all this covid is over,then again might be told to travel by then lol.
did 227 miles to the lakes district last week and 8 hrs in the saddle. I was absolutely knackered took nearly 2 days to recover on top of that poor sleep.getting to old for this long distance malarkey. not as old as you griff but old enough to feel the old age ache.:oops:

In the UK you can get the Honda SH350i (and SH125i, SH300i), with 16" wheels, very good quality, made in Italy. The most popular scooters in Italy in the last 20 years.
I have SH150i and there is no problem driving 60mph (62mph is a factory set limit)

thats why I'm looking into the Forza 750.
the Forza 350 has a bigger wheels than the old maxi I had years ago.
front 15" and back is 14".
big price difference between the two £9,999 for the 750 and £5,499 for the 350.
I'm cutting down on long distance day rides.
150/180 is about it for me these days ,wife did suggest if on long runs perhaps stay over one nighter's.
planning only doing one tour a year to Scotland till all this covid is over,then again might be told to travel by then lol.
did 227 miles to the lakes district last week and 8 hrs in the saddle. I was absolutely knackered took nearly 2 days to recover on top of that poor sleep.getting to old for this long distance malarkey. not as old as you griff but old enough to feel the old age ache.:oops:

A few points.

Nothing like the comfort of a bigger bike

On the price, You only live once and if You don't spend it then someone else will do it for You when youre gone.

180 miles is a good day spin and I agree with Your Wife about staying over to take the pain out of a days riding. However again the bike chosen is part of the secret to coping with a long ride and I must admit the X-Adv is probably one of the best long distance bikes I have ever owned. I have no doubt that the bigger Forza will come close.

On the age thing, drugs and heat patches are the business ;)

(On the price, You only live once and if You don't spend it then someone else will do it for You when you're gone.)
that's what my son's say.
I know I can buy one outright but never spent more than 8 grand on any bike.lol

drugs! simvastatin/apixaban is what I take apix is to thin my blood for my old ticker(pace maker)
the 750 is looking more than likely I'll get.need to test ride one.

I wished they had brought the Forza 750 to Canada, but no such luck.
My second choice was the NC750X DCT, which of course I bought.
I owned a 2009 Silverwing for 4 years before getting my Goldwing F6B.
The Silverwing was a decent ride; very comfortable for 2 up and decent power for the highway.
The suspension was crap, but that's to be expected.
The rubber band transmission was also OK, very low maintenance.
Here's the Forza 750:

View attachment 46622
Love that bike but I like quirky vehicles to begin with. There is at least one in the USA. I think it is in Texas now. Someone from the EU expatting to the US went to Hawaii, I think. He brought it with him, registered it in the US legally, then sold it to a guy in Texas. Anyhow, the whole story is on advrider.com. The Xadv 350 is being said to be a sure thing but unsure if it is coming to NA. I have an Xmax 300 currently, while I look for another bike to add to the stable. It's fun, very utilitarian, but by no means thrilling. That said, I'll probably keep it until I get off two wheels. Perfect for errands on suburban roads (though many tour with it, believe it or not).

another one to consider to 2019/2020 integra 750.
it has the same luggage space as the new Forza 750 about 21 litre I think.
that if I remember rightly was the same size as my old nc700x.
these are selling for roughly 6 grand for low mileage.
so its worth taking a look at those as well.

another one to consider to 2019/2020 integra 750.
it has the same luggage space as the new Forza 750 about 21 litre I think.
that if I remember rightly was the same size as my old nc700x.
these are selling for roughly 6 grand for low mileage.
so its worth taking a look at those as well.

I believe the Forza 750 is strongly based on the X-Adv. Similarities that I can see are Swingarm, Forks, front wheel and brakes and the same size rear wheel.

Back