• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Contacted Sargent seats

gpd211

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I contacted Sargent about a time line for an nc seat. Below is the response I got. If anyone is at all interested email them to show there is more interest. You can email: [email protected]

First I would like to thank you for contacting Sargent Cycle Products!

Unfortunately, we have not yet seen enough demand to warrant development for this model. However, this can change rapidly so please stay in touch and hopefully we will be offering a seat for this model soon! I personally collect the incoming inquiries for all models as they come in. I will record your inquiry.

We do however; have another option for our clients/potential clients seating for whom we do not currently carry a World Sport product for. Please take a moment to look at this link to our Custom Seat Services department; Heated Motorcycle Clothes Heated Clothes Chilli Heated Motorcycle Vest. There you will find all we have to offer you and your machine to attain a Sargent quality seat custom made to your specifications on your seat pan. Should you choose to use our Custom Seat Services, you may call us and speak to one of our highly qualified Custom Seat Services Representatives at 1-800-749-7328 and they can assist you with any further questions you may have to achieve the right comfort and style for you and your machine.

I hope this information was of assistance and we would like you to feel free to contact us anytime you have questions or comments and as always....Ride Safe!

Interesting, I e-mailed Sargent about a month a go. I think we need to start e-mailing these guys, even if you don't want to change you seat, send them an e-mail and maybe we will get the message across to them that there is a demand out there. If one company builds on the others will jump on board rather than loose out.

I will still save for a RDL, but the faster different manufactures set up for the NC the better. My email has been sent for more options.

You guys are mean. This poor guy collects all the "earnest" inquiries and talks his boss into building a seat for this oddball new bike, and then the phone never rings. So his boss goes in at raise time and says "Hey Brain Surgeon, where's all those hot buyers for that NC-whatzit seat you thought we ought to build?"

Ha! ;)

You guys are mean. This poor guy collects all the "earnest" inquiries and talks his boss into building a seat for this oddball new bike, and then the phone never rings. So his boss goes in at raise time and says "Hey Brain Surgeon, where's all those hot buyers for that NC-whatzit seat you thought we ought to build?"

Ha! ;)

+1, Don't waste their time if not interested. R&D is expensive and we eventually pay for it anyway.

I for one will order a Sargent as soon as available. I've had several different ones and their quality and comfort is second to none

I for one will order a Sargent as soon as available. I've had several different ones and their quality and comfort is second to none

Here is your chance to be the pioneer. Order one of their custom ones, and it becomes the easy basis for an eventual aftermarket seat. They will already have the pattern. If you speak with them, you might make a case for a discount based on providing them with the information for a future product offering. It would be worth a try if you are that happy with Sargent. I don't find them second to none, but I rode one quite happily (topped with a sheepskin) on my BMW for about five years. I finally broke down and bought a Russell before my last trip to Alaska on it. For me, Russell is second to none. But that is why they make all kinds. My very good Sargent BMW seat is "for sale to good home."

I think their most R&D would be 10 minutes on the phone to find out how many of these bikes were sold in US & Canada. One thing that Sargent and Corbin does is make their own seat pan and usually the product is less money than those mail in seat guys. Just think, if they make to many seats they will have to then have a clearance sale for 1/2 price. If we can make that happen I may be convinced of man made global warming.

Here is your chance to be the pioneer. Order one of their custom ones, and it becomes the easy basis for an eventual aftermarket seat. They will already have the pattern. If you speak with them, you might make a case for a discount based on providing them with the information for a future product offering. It would be worth a try if you are that happy with Sargent. I don't find them second to none, but I rode one quite happily (topped with a sheepskin) on my BMW for about five years. I finally broke down and bought a Russell before my last trip to Alaska on it. For me, Russell is second to none. But that is why they make all kinds. My very good Sargent BMW seat is "for sale to good home."

There is a Pioneer actually riding up to Sargent today on the NCX 10/30/12 in Jacksonville, FL. I was sworn to secrecy and MOM'S the word. He will keep us posted upon his return later tonight or tomorrow. I hope he is not upset with me for letting the cat out if the bag here on the forum, but with all this hype about Sargent I just had to say something.

Attachments

• cat-picture-bag-2.jpg
    cat-picture-bag-2.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 234
Last edited:
I think their most R&D would be 10 minutes on the phone to find out how many of these bikes were sold in US & Canada. One thing that Sargent and Corbin does is make their own seat pan and usually the product is less money than those mail in seat guys. Just think, if they make to many seats they will have to then have a clearance sale for 1/2 price. If we can make that happen I may be convinced of man made global warming.

I will agree with you on global warming, however what you describe is market research, not product R&D, which would include:

- Deciding what the problems were with the current seat
- Figuring out the solutions to them
- designing the seat pan
- manufacturing a prototype
- testing and final design of the seat
- formulation of final specifications
- establishing product cost standards
- manufacturing development (molds, fixtures, etc.)

There is a Pioneer actually riding up to Sargent today on the NCX 10/30/12 in Jacksonville, FL. I was sworn to secrecy and MOM'S the word. He will keep us posted upon his return later tonight or tomorrow. I hope he is not upset with me for letting the cat out if the bag here on the forum, but with all this hype about Sargent I just had to say something.

No so patiently waiting for the results

Cool. What time do you think he will be at Sargent? I could meet him and buy lunch at the Mexican place around the corner from the seat factory/showroom.

Cool. What time do you think he will be at Sargent? I could meet him and buy lunch at the Mexican place around the corner from the seat factory/showroom.

He should be there by noon. It would be good to have Sargent see another NXC there at the shop also. I was going to make the trip with him but I am buying and selling guns today.

We had lunch here in Melbourne last week at Long John Silvers and had A&W Root Beer on tap.

Mexican!!! I really like good Mexican food.

gpd211 Sure wish you would of waited ONE more day before your new thread on Sargent seats.

HE IS GOING TO KILL ME FOR LETTING THE CAT OUT OF THE BAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cat-picture-bag-2.jpg

Last edited:
I remember the 1st picture I saw of the young ladt that was to become my daughter in law. Her and her US Army buddies were holding their guns in the same casual way that British girls would hol their hand bags. I think that you call hand bags purses over there while we call the thing that ladies use in the way that a guy would a wallet. These Anglo american conversations can get really confusing :)

Same response I got earlier this month...

First I would like to thank you for contacting Sargent Cycle Products!

Unfortunately, we have not yet seen enough demand to warrant development for this model. However, this can change rapidly so please stay in touch and hopefully we will be offering a seat for this model soon! I personally collect the incoming inquiries for all models as they come in. I will record your inquiry.

We do however; have another option for our clients/potential clients seating for whom we do not currently carry a World Sport product for. Please take a moment to look at this link to our Custom Seat Services department; Heated Motorcycle Clothes Heated Clothes Chilli Heated Motorcycle Vest. There you will find all we have to offer you and your machine to attain a Sargent quality seat custom made to your specifications on your seat pan. Should you choose to use our Custom Seat Services, you may call us and speak to one of our highly qualified Custom Seat Services Representatives at 1-800-749-7328 and they can assist you with any further questions you may have to achieve the right comfort and style for you and your machine. See our discount for the month of October at the end of this email.

I hope this information was of assistance and we would like you to feel free to contact us anytime you have questions or comments and as always....Ride Safe!

I hope they choose to make one, it was a great seat on my Bandit.

trey

Back