• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Coolness?

Bcsmith

Reaction score
Visit site
I am thinking of replacing my OME oversized windscreen with a dark tint screen that is maybe 2 to 3 inches taller. More of a touring windscreen. Anyone want to share their photos before I purchase one?

Attachments

• DC291993-B299-449A-9B72-43860C017F02.jpeg
    DC291993-B299-449A-9B72-43860C017F02.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 21
The Honda touring screen is a bad height design, in my opinion. The noisy wind blast would be directed at your neck or face.

3 inches more height would be good, but I could only recommend Madstad, as you can look over the top but still direct the wind over your helmet.

One other option might be to add an MRA X-Creen deflector to the Honda touring screen. Maybe it could lift the air flow above the helmet level.

Just my opinion, and worth exactly what you pay for it, I didn't buy my NC750x based on its looks. I did it based on its functionality. When I bought my NEMO2 chain oiler I did it for the same reason. When I bought my Denali LED DRL lights I chose them for their functionality. So when it came time to replace the windshield I chose the best one based on the function, not the looks.

Thanks can I get that in a dark tint or would I add that after?
Although I chose for my Madstad windscreen to be clear, it is available in a choice of tints.

I have a V-Stream I’d be happy to sell, if you (or anyone) want(s) it. It’s clear, though.

I've discussed this topic before. In my 55+ years on a bike: the only air that matters is that going over the top of the shield and over the helmet, reducing wind noise at the helmet.
I've bought the tallest clear shield from Parabellum. If needed I adjusted the height to have a 1 1/2 car length to the ground looking over the top of the shield.
The clear has less distraction from the original bike look. Masking tape and mark to cut down with hack saw blade. Smooth edges with flat file; black marker pen edges to finish.
Ideally you want the shield as tall as possible to barely see over it the distance mentioned from a normal seating position. Having to look through it is unsafe.

So looks like I am going to go with the Madstad windscreen. There site recommended an 18 inch for my 5’10” height. Think I will go with the dark grey tint. Just wondering where would be the best place to order this online in Canada? Has anyone ordered one up here? Not sure if there is a distributor?

So looks like I am going to go with the Madstad windscreen. There site recommended an 18 inch for my 5’10” height. Think I will go with the dark grey tint. Just wondering where would be the best place to order this online in Canada? Has anyone ordered one up here? Not sure if there is a distributor?
Maybe the 20” would be better as I need to get away from the head buffeting. I currently have the OEM touring screen and I measured it at 19”

There is no distributor.
DualSport Plus will order you one, but their price is the US MSRP X 1.9 = OUCH!
I bought mine direct from Madstad in Florida.
They offered me 10% off without even asking, as I was a repeat customer and they are aware of our dollar and shipping costs.
Tell them you know a guy in Winnipeg who they gave 10% off to.
If they ask you who, tell them it was an NC750X windscreen for Terry, about 2 months ago.

There is no distributor.
DualSport Plus will order you one, but their price is the US MSRP X 1.9 = OUCH!
I bought mine direct from Madstad in Florida.
They offered me 10% off without even asking, as I was a repeat customer and they are aware of our dollar and shipping costs.
Tell them you know a guy in Winnipeg who they gave 10% off to.
If they ask you who, tell them it was an NC750X windscreen for Terry, about 2 months ago.
I ordered mine directly from Madstad. I ordered the 16” as I’m 5’6” but now would prefer the 18”
It is a great windscreen.

I am thinking of replacing my OME oversized windscreen with a dark tint screen that is maybe 2 to 3 inches taller. More of a touring windscreen. Anyone want to share their photos before I purchase one?
So I am now considering just adding a wind deflector blade to the top of my windscreen. Trying to keep the costs down. The Madstad windscreen is just to expensive up here in Canada. Has anyone had any luck with using a deflector blade?

So I am now considering just adding a wind deflector blade to the top of my windscreen. Trying to keep the costs down. The Madstad windscreen is just to expensive up here in Canada. Has anyone had any luck with using a deflector blade?
Ironically, I have a deflector on top of my Madstad. I use an MRA X-Creen.

If installing a deflector on a short screen. make sure it doesn't direct the wind at your neck or lower helmet. That will be very noisy.

Thanks 670cc. I am currently taking most of the wind off my head and the noise is the worst.

Is a Laminar lip and a deflector the same? . Just want to have terminology correct so I'm not confusing the two.....if their different. I've often considered adding one to my OEM short screen to see if it would reduce wind noisr noise......a work in progress I suppose, lol

Well thanks 670cc I have gone ahead and ordered the MRA X-creen sport wind deflector. I was looking at the Madstad windscreen but it is a little expensive. I am hoping that the 4 inch lift of deflector blade will do the trick. I will let you know when I receive it and get mounted.

Ok so it ends up I fitted my OEM windscreen with an x-creen sport spoiler and it works great. Before the add the wind was hitting me about eye level now with the spoiler on the wind is just cleaning the top of my helmet. It cost much less than buying a new windscreen and looks good as well. Very happy with this decision. Great advice from 670cc.F8CEC637-0F71-4704-9541-4107585E32C5.jpeg

Back