• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Corbin plus Dale’s Rack Work Around...?

Bulitt

Reaction score
Visit site
So, I got a Corbin front seat. Fits fine, I like it....It’s a keeper. As many have found, so I learned from searching old threads, the fit at the rear of the seat is tight whether a rear seat or a Dale’s rack. So now, wondering about my options.

This fit is tight. I can force the rack down and it will latch on one side to hold it down but not both. I don’t like that.... Here is a picture of my seat and rack currently

9920DAC9-8D4A-4FCF-AD72-43C71D2F51B8.jpeg

So, in searching old threads, I found a picture of what one member here did. He cut a portion of the front of the rack off to create space. See below:

084BBC22-BDE4-4170-83C1-7D5BFC5E2D79.jpeg

So my questions are:

If I modify the rack as seen above, who would you recommend taking it to locally to cut it down to look like a professional job? Welding shop?

Does the seat only latching on one side really matter? Seems to me this is all needed to keep it in place when not loaded and when loaded, I would tie down to the the side racks below the Dale’s rack anyway which would hold the rack down.

Is there another simple solution someone has found to this issue I have overlooked?

Looking for ideas....thanks in advance for your input!

Last edited:
The choice to modify the rack yourself, or have someone else do it would depend on your desire or skill level. I know what I would do, but I couldn’t answer for you.

If the rack cannot easily latch down because it is pressing on the seat, it seems like the seat cover would eventually be damaged by the rack if no modifications are made.

The choice to modify the rack yourself, or have someone else do it would depend on your desire or skill level. I know what I would do, but I couldn’t answer for you.

If the rack cannot easily latch down because it is pressing on the seat, it seems like the seat cover would eventually be damaged by the rack if no modifications are made.
???

I would investigate companies that would work with sheet metal. Maybe commercial ducting. My rational would be that they are used to bending and shearing metal without heat. If price is not an issue you could also explore water jet cutting in your area. Good luck with your project :)

Couldnt you take the Dale's rack off and grind it down instead of cutting it down...that is what I would do...I have a cheap harbor freight grinder (for 15 years now) and it grinds thru bar steel. If the rack in its current configuration (only latched to one side) is pressing against the seat, it will rub the seat and eventually rub a whole in the seat. If it is latching only on one side, wouldnt that put a lot of strain on that one side and eventually wear out the mechanism....

Nice, what was the method to get it to this result?
Took it to a metal fabrication shop, explained what I needed. Fabricator took a few measurement, we took the rack off the bike, he took it into his shop, I went across the street for a sandwich, came back and it was done. Not sure exactly what tools he used but it is nicely done. Latches perfectly now and doesn’t touch seat. Charged me $50.

Back