• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Corbin Seats - Unboxing and Installation Review

PortlandZinMan

Site Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I ordered them 2 weeks ago and got them today - super unusual as the previous ones on my ST1100 and ST1300 took over a month each.

I was worried as some of the early versions (2012-2013) buyers reported fairly serious installation and fitment issues. I had no major problems. Installation (and adjustments on the rear seat catches) took all of 30 minutes.

Here are the details...

The fit of the front seat was perfect! I am concerned as they took out the rubber shock mounts were you attached the seat to the bike, but everything lined up and securing the 2 bolts was easy. Not sure if the missing rubber will add vibration, but I doubt it. It is on tight.

The rear seat was a bit more of a challenge - they provide new bolts for the triangle mount and they lined up fine. But the two catches that lock it down were a little too close together. A pair of vice grips and a gentle pressure outward on each, line them up nice. Latching the seat is a bit tight and requires a bit of a downward push and unlatching requires that I push down on the seat a bit to free up the mechanism. Others have reported that this goes away after a bit of settling in and it frees up.

I asked that they build up the front a bit in order to take place of the need to mod the seat...I am not sure they did it enough, but a longer ride that 5 minutes should tell the story.

As expected, the seat is HARD and as a previous customer, I know that it will take a good 1000-2000 miles to break in. Well worth it!

The quality of the seat is top-notch. The covers are high quality leather, the piping is red to match the bike and I was even able to get the logo in black so as to not be a billboard for Corbin. I now my initial review is slanted as I am a previous owner of these seats (Iron Butt Association past member). The real review will come at the end of the summer after a season of riding.

Photos below...

IMG_5438.jpgIMG_5439.jpgIMG_5440.jpgIMG_5437.jpg

I ordered them 2 weeks ago and got them today - super unusual as the previous ones on my ST1100 and ST1300 took over a month each.

I was worried as some of the early versions (2012-2013) buyers reported fairly serious installation and fitment issues. I had no major problems. Installation (and adjustments on the rear seat catches) took all of 30 minutes.

Here are the details...

The fit of the front seat was perfect! I am concerned as they took out the rubber shock mounts were you attached the seat to the bike, but everything lined up and securing the 2 bolts was easy. Not sure if the missing rubber will add vibration, but I doubt it. It is on tight.

The rear seat was a bit more of a challenge - they provide new bolts for the triangle mount and they lined up fine. But the two catches that lock it down were a little too close together. A pair of vice grips and a gentle pressure outward on each, line them up nice. Latching the seat is a bit tight and requires a bit of a downward push and unlatching requires that I push down on the seat a bit to free up the mechanism. Others have reported that this goes away after a bit of settling in and it frees up.

I asked that they build up the front a bit in order to take place of the need to mod the seat...I am not sure they did it enough, but a longer ride that 5 minutes should tell the story.

As expected, the seat is HARD and as a previous customer, I know that it will take a good 1000-2000 miles to break in. Well worth it!

The quality of the seat is top-notch. The covers are high quality leather, the piping is red to match the bike and I was even able to get the logo in black so as to not be a billboard for Corbin. I now my initial review is slanted as I am a previous owner of these seats (Iron Butt Association past member). The real review will come at the end of the summer after a season of riding.

Photos below...

View attachment 32760View attachment 32761View attachment 32762View attachment 32763
Looks good, what was the price tag out the door. I could always use a better seat and that passenger seat looks like a major improvement, something my wife would appreciate.

So is the Corbin banner now subdued in black on both sides? That is a welcome change from the bold white lettering of the past.

Last edited:
It's whatever color you choose (well, from what colors they have available, quite a few iirc).

Thanks. I checked out. Unfortunately I didn't see a choice for none.

So is the Corbin banner now subdued in black on both sides? That is a welcome change from the bold white lettering of the past.

Just on the right side - vast improvement over the old days when they used to sew a tag on with the company name... You have tons of options on the stitching and colors as well.

Forgot to ask, does the Corbin seat address the forward slope? From the pic, it still looks a little slopy...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forgot to ask, does the Corbin seat address the forward slope? From the pic, it still looks a little slopy...

Some but not totally - I even asked them to add some extra. However, the leather doesn't slip as much as the vinyl. I rode 162 miles today and once I positioned myself to the rear of the seat, I stayed there unless I braked really hard. As the seat breaks in, I am guessing it will improve even more.

You can fix the forward slope on the stock seat with the seat mod found on this site. Wondering if the corbin seat will allow the same mod. Is the bottom of the corbin seat setup similar to the stock? Any photos possibly of the bottom of the seat?

In another thread, I was answering that I preferred the Corbin over all the others I have tried - came back here to add the link to this thread and realized I had not followed up on my "review."

As expected, after about 1000 miles, this seat again proved to be awesome - I have no idea it is there and that is the point - 10 miles or 300 miles - makes no difference. Once again, Corbin delivered.

Corbin seat options

Red nc top.jpg
I really liked the customizing options Corbin has (distressed leather top is nice and cool for Florida sun) and while the seat is quite a bit more comfortable, the pillion is MUCH better and a happy passenger makes the cost well worth it! I have to get the side panels on the top box painted to match and recover the passenger backrest and then I think I'm done.

I really liked the customizing options Corbin has (distressed leather top is nice and cool for Florida sun) and while the seat is quite a bit more comfortable, the pillion is MUCH better and a happy passenger makes the cost well worth it! ...
When I went to the Corbin page a few weeks ago I seriously looked at the distressed leather top, red piping combination and now that I see yours I think I might be sold on that combo. LOOKS GREAT

Just curious, what windshield is on your bike?

Back