• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Could Honda Bring Back the Deauville?

admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
The Rumors Say It’s Coming Honda used to sell a bike called the NT700 Deauville. It was a 650cc motorcycle with built-in panniers and a more upright seating position. The motorcycle was a middleweight touring machine that was well-like in Europe. It didn’t last forever, though. Now there are rumors of the company bringing back ...
The post Could Honda Bring Back the Deauville? appeared first on webBikeWorld.

More...

That would almost make me sell my bagger and swap to one of those for those long touring rides! 95 hp AT engine coupled with DCT, creature comforts, moderate wind protection, and oem storage, oh and shaft drive! Sounds like a winner to me!

They could but I doubt it...........great bike but it did NOT sell well the other times it was offered in North America.
All those extra features cost BIG money which was the NT problem .......too expensive.
We have talked about this many times.....luggage, duel disks, shaft drive, little lighter, little more power, little better finish etc all add costs.

Last edited:
Now that the “ST1800” is out, perhaps a new Deauville will fill the shoes of the old ST1100/ST1300. It could start out as a 1000, then grow incrementally to be bigger and better, to appease those that “need more power”.

Last edited:
I think there is room in the market for a liter sized light tourer or sport tourer. The Versys 1000 and FJ Tracer seem to sell well for Kawasaki and Yamaha.

The AT engine is Euro compliant both for A1 and open class license holders and a light tourer might appeal to those put off by the cost and size of the Goldwing and still have DCT tech of the Wing. An updated ST13 would compete for Goldwing buyers IMHO.

Sounds a little like the Honda VFR1200x which I dream about. The VFR1200f is the cruiser version.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Sounds a little like the Honda VFR1200x which I dream about. The VFR1200f is the cruiser version.

I wouldn't call this a cruiser

1f51f1ae0d137c66c45bb3b8ae1e375b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The real problem with the NT article is 700cc and 95 HP............that’s probably not happening .......maybe if it’s liter bike ?

The real problem with the NT article is 700cc and 95 HP............that’s probably not happening .......maybe if it’s liter bike ?

I think the article was saying the new Deauville would be built around a 998cc engine.

So my '12 NC700x has 68k miles on it. Cracked plastic and only the trunk no saddle bags (stupid deer). I commute 150miles a day (18 out of 35 days). This AT powered tourer would be right up my alley. I remember drooling over the nt700 then I found out Honda would be making the NC and got that when it came out. I want to see this bike, then buy it.

Sent from my S41 using Tapatalk

They are not far off with the Integra. The first time I saw one I immediately thought Deauville........

One of the reasons the NCx appeals to me is the mpg. I like the Deauville because of the shaft drive. I don't understand why the CTX has a smaller gas tank than the NCx. I was first here last year looking for an addition to my GL500 Standard and was considering the NCx. I wanted a little more horsepower and torque, better touring gearing and better travel mpg. The GL650 fit the bill. This was mechanically redone (stator, gaskets, seals, tires, etc) by a mechanic in Appleton, WI. Gave me a year warranty.

102957435_10157238687712057_887899067218223729_o.jpg

Last edited:

If I may...
This is VFR1200F
@GgarryP was talking about 1200X

6000000001.jpg

Re-read his post, he described the F model as a cruiser. Far from a cruiser, it's a sport touring bike.

Back