• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

CounterShox

mzflorida

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Interesting. There are few details on the company website but I'm sure their patent application would show more. If it works like F1 mass dampers (well, the ones that they made against the rules), it might be effective.

It appears to be a tuned mass damper. You would need to put two of them on an NC750 as it is about twice as heavy as a dirt bike.

It appears to be a tuned mass damper. You would need to put two of them on an NC750 as it is about twice as heavy as a dirt bike.
That is what I thought too, but a little more generic on the tuning. I don’t know too much about it other than what used to be used on F1 cars, and then only that they were used and I understood the essence of the control. Is it the weight of the bike that matters or is it the force of the wheel movement or perhaps intertwined? Not questioning your position at all, I just don’t know.

I recall the F1 explanation where they demonstrated concept with a flexible tube with a disc at the end, and another with a disc at the end and a mass damper in the middle of the second flexible pipe. The damped example recovered quicker and did not bounce as much as the undamped example. So in F1, tires got back to ground faster without being as unsettled as the undamped counterpart was the outcome.

Small bike, small damper - big bike, big damper. They are used in very tall buildings, those are gigantic tuned mass dampers.

Back