• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Crash Bars

Bcsmith

Reaction score
Visit site
I have been reading threads on the site about R-Gaza crash guards just wondering how they compare against the Givi T1111 crash guards. I think I like the look of the Givi better but the R-Gaza guards look very tough. I’m not planning on adding lights to the bars. Any opinions???

I have been reading threads on the site about R-Gaza crash guards just wondering how they compare against the Givi T1111 crash guards. I think I like the look of the Givi better but the R-Gaza guards look very tough. I’m not planning on adding lights to the bars. Any opinions???

Attachments

• 84D4289F-81F5-47A4-8DFF-98D329B0B88B.jpeg
    84D4289F-81F5-47A4-8DFF-98D329B0B88B.jpeg
    116.8 KB · Views: 23
Best crash guard is better armor that doesn't rotate around limbs, flop around, or de-center from the area it's supposed to be protecting. But if you are talking about giving the NC better odds against tip-overs and slower-speed slides, I'd vote for the R-GAZA.

A minor downside to the Givi bars is that in some cases you may need to loosen their mounting hardware enough to swing them out slightly in order to remove the bike’s side panels. The R Gaza bars do not look like they would interfere with the side panels.

Since the R-Gaza bars stick out to the sides more so than the Givis, they might protect the bike better in a tipover.

I have the Givi bars, but honestly the only reason I have them is for a place to mount aux lights and highway pegs. The bike has never fallen over, and my goal is that it never will.

How about the SW-MOTECH they look outstanding offer great protection just a little more $. I can’t seem to get past the look of the R-GAZA the fact of how far they stick out. Still considering all three.

There have been many past discussions and comparisons about various crash bars. Do a search for past threads already discussing your questions. You can read a lot of stuff about crash bars on this forum. People here have used all three kinds, plus others. In the end, its your call.

Last edited:
So after doing much research on crash bars I have decided I will not put any on at all. In my opinion the NC750X is fairly well protected as it is stock. With the exception of the radiator. Thanks for all you input. Safe travels my friends

Nice! So when you slipped on the ice I presume you went down what kind of damage did you get???
It was slow speed maybe 15km/hr. Broke the windshield(Madstad), bent gear shift, scratched bar end, scraped body panel through the paint and bent handle bars. Replaced the windshield, bent the gear shift back, kept the scratched parts, replaced the bars with after market ones.

It was slow speed maybe 15km/hr. Broke the windshield(Madstad), bent gear shift, scratched bar end, scraped body panel through the paint and bent handle bars. Replaced the windshield, bent the gear shift back, kept the scratched parts, replaced the bars with after market ones.
That’s too bad about you fall. Nobody like to mess up their bike. Thanks for the input. Do you think crash bars would have prevented any of this damage?

My experience with drops ( :confused: ) is that what you need to protect is the exhaust pipe and the front turn signals.
That is what I’m thinking. The cylinder heads are well protected on the NC. I have seen other bikes where the heads protrude which I believe would be a good case for crash bars not this bike.

You mean the silencer? Just dropping your bike or it getting blown over (that one happened to me), can dent the front of the can, bend or break levers, do in turn siganls, break an acrylic-based windscreen and possibly the meter bridge, get the plastic around the frunk...

Just laying the bike down on the R-GAZA bars should make it pretty obvious that the shape is going to be a lot more protective for slow-speed laydowns and drops. And with its wide three-point spread its going to do as well as others and probably better, at speed.

11a1122.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Rather calm sunny day, went hiking in Logan Pass, came back to parking lot where the NC was parked so that should wind and gusting start up it was least likely to fall. But those mountain passes can surpass one's expectations. Windscreen was a series of sharp shards so I dumped it in the garbage up there, but its attachment to the meter bridge also had further effect. After that I got Mutazu guards. Though had the R-GAZA been available I would have purchased them.

2017-07-03 20;23;24 by greenboy, on Flickr

That’s too bad about you fall. Nobody like to mess up their bike. Thanks for the input. Do you think crash bars would have prevented any of this damage?
From my experience yes. I play with the local moto gymkhana club and had a fall at a lower speed. Only scratched the windshield and bar ends this time. Maybe a smidge on the seat grab rails. The bars were rotated so not the same force applied to them compared to the first one. The sliders on the Givi bars took the brunt.

TigerDude made a good point about the signal. That got beat up a bit but I fixed it with JB Weld so forgot about it on the first one.

I had always intended to get the crash bars/sliders. I was cheap/put it off and accept the consequences of my actions. I think that they are good for drops and slow speed falls. Outside of that it is a crap shoot. Speed and impact would change the equation. I like the function concept and have no vanity in regards to appearance. To each their own and hopefully my ramblings help with your process.

Back