• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Current Veh's

AVG1940

Reaction score
Visit site
Think any Americans would have ever dreamed about voluntarily having the "Axis of Evil" in their own front yard 80 years ago? I know my WW2 father-in-law (tin-can in the Pacific) would have considered this pic with true disgust.
IMG_3128.jpg

In 1965 my dad took me to get my first street bike. Honda had come into the country in 64 and we had a brand new Honda dealer in town. My best high school friend had gotten a Honda C110 (50cc Sport) and I wanted one like his. We went down to the Honda dealer to look at them, but my dad being a WW2 Vet wasn't about to let me get one once he found out it was made in Japan, and had a lot of plastic parts on them. So he took me to the local Harley Dealer where he bought his bikes and they offered a 50cc Harley (actually an Italian made Aermacchi badged HD) called an M-50, which he said I could have. Wasn't near as nice as my buddies Honda, but it was faster by a couple miles an hour lol and I was on my first set of wheels and tasting freedom.

The" Harley M-50" (This is not my actual bike, but a collector buddy's... BTW I paid $318 for mine, he paid $2500 for his )

nNOxG45h.jpg

By 1972 my sister (who rode a CB160 Honda), my brother (CL 350 Honda) and myself were all working at a Yamaha dealership. Dad eventually came over to our side, gave up Harleys and by 1973 got a Honda CB 350F Four,

Ha! That's a great pic and historical tie in. I may duplicate your pic but with a red X1/9 and a GS

Back