• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Cushion and height increaser for 2021 NC750X

bumblepee

Reaction score
Visit site
I just got a new NC750X 2021 recently. My feet feel cramped due to my height (6ft tall, maybe long legs). I was looking for a new seat at first, but there aren't many available for this year's model. A cushion or a way to increase my seating height would be better. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions? I can see some people mentioning Airhawk here and there. Their website is down for the moment. What are the best options to increase the seat height and maybe improve the comfort at the same time?

Thank you.

I am 6ft tall, 34" inseam and I have been using one of these until I decide on a more permanent solution for the seat. It will raise you <1" once it conforms to your body but it definitely improves seat comfort.

I have tried Airhawks in the past and never liked the feel. I tried an Alaskan sheepskin cover on my NC and it was only a marginal improvement.This is more of an improvement but I will still do something more permanent with the seat. I hope the aftermarket does something soon, @saldog bought a Sargent seat, it will attach to the 2021 but it does not fit very well near the front.

I am holding off on lowering pegs until I have the seat sorted out. There are many options for lowering the pegs. The downside is they reduce cornering clearance.

Last edited:
If you raise the seat the bars are going to be much too low. I used offset lowered foot pegs and raised the bars.

I am 6ft tall, 34" inseam and I have been using one of these until I decide on a more permanent solution for the seat. I will raise you <1" once it conforms to your body but it definitely improves seat comfort.

I have tried Airhawks in the past and never liked the feel. I tried an Alaskan sheepskin cover on my NC and it was only a marginal improvement.This is more of an improvement but I will still do something more permanent with the seat. I hope the aftermarket does something soon @saldog bought a Sargent seat, it will attach to the 2021 but it does not fit very well near the front.

I am holding off on lowering pegs until I have the seat sorted out. There are many options for lowering the pegs. The downside is they reduce cornering clearance.
Did you use this on the 2021 model or on an older NC? Looks like in 2021 Honda decided to lower the seat another inch from previous years (who knows if they are following a market of people getting older and shrinking).

Did you use this on the 2021 model or on an older NC? Looks like in 2021 Honda decided to lower the seat another inch from previous years (who knows if they are following a market of people getting older and shrinking).
They lowered the suspension on the 21's

I am 6ft tall, 34" inseam and I have been using one of these until I decide on a more permanent solution for the seat. It will raise you <1" once it conforms to your body but it definitely improves seat comfort.

I have tried Airhawks in the past and never liked the feel. I tried an Alaskan sheepskin cover on my NC and it was only a marginal improvement.This is more of an improvement but I will still do something more permanent with the seat. I hope the aftermarket does something soon, @saldog bought a Sargent seat, it will attach to the 2021 but it does not fit very well near the front.

I ordered one of the Skwoosh pads also. A slightly different shape than yours. I ordered it directly from Skwoosh: https://skwoosh.com/mid-size-motorcycle-gel-pad-with-breathable-mesh/

Note: I returned my Sargent Seat. Sargent seems to be very easy to deal with and gave me no guff at all. The only thing is I have to pay for return shipping, about $60.

I ordered one of the Skwoosh pads also. A slightly different shape than yours. I ordered it directly from Skwoosh: https://skwoosh.com/mid-size-motorcycle-gel-pad-with-breathable-mesh/

Note: I returned my Sargent Seat. Sargent seems to be very easy to deal with and gave me no guff at all. The only thing is I have to pay for return shipping, about $60.
Ouch! on the shipping. Unfortunately, that leaves us '21 owners with no other option than a custom build or Seat Concepts. I see a bunch of used SC seats for sale for various motorcycles which make me question the comfort they provide.

These are the problems buying a new model or newly redesigned models.

I have a Seat Concepts seat on my 2020 NC 750 and am very happy with it. Little wider eliminates the slope. That and the handlebar risers noticeably increased riding comfort.
I am 6’1’’ 215 pounds 34inch inseam.

Last edited:
The Seat Concept seems to do exactly what I need: raise the seat a bit and improve comfort. But I don't understand the three options they offer, are they fully water proof, do they all work the same or do you advice one particular option?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-09-29 142422.png
    Screenshot 2021-09-29 142422.png
    14.4 KB · Views: 9
I don’t remember picking any options really so can’t help there. I really assume they are waterproof. Never noticed a wet butt when left out in the rain at work.
670cc has delt with them more and is a frequent poster maybe he can chime in. I had them install it on the bare pan for me $25 seemed like a bargain to me.

How long did it take before you received the seat and reinstalled? What did you use in place of the seat that was removed for the seat concepts process? Thank you

The Seat Concept seems to do exactly what I need: raise the seat a bit and improve comfort. But I don't understand the three options they offer, are they fully water proof, do they all work the same or do you advice one particular option?
I believe all the Seat Concepts covers are waterproof; I can’t imagine having a motorcycle seat cover that was not. I chose their gripper top and carbon fiber sides because I like to stay planted where I put myself on the seat and not slide around.

One thing SC does not publicize well is that you can consult with them to produce your seat foam with different density than standard. Their target rider weight is somewhere around 200 to 220 pounds, if I remember right. I weigh less, and their made-for-me softer foam, plus my final reshaping of it, made my 7th NC seat choice the winner.

I installed the foam and cover myself on a stock pan. The only wait time was the time it took me to build it. Doing the work myself allowed me to reshape the foam to my liking before I installed the cover. That would not have been possible if I had Seat Concepts do the installation.

How long did it take before you received the seat and reinstalled? What did you use in place of the seat that was removed for the seat concepts process? Thank you
I have not received the seat yet, it is supposed to arrive tomorrow. I placed the order on Dec 1, so it took 3 months. I only called them once last week to inquiry about the order and the girl on the phone told me the seat was finished and it would ship the week after. I don't understand your last question though. I think they just send the foam and the cover, I have to remove the seat, pull out the cover and foam and staple the new one.

I can't help but to find humor in the fact that the 2012-2020 bikes were too tall, now the 2021's are too short. :D
;) Not too short for a munchkin like me, in fact it's still about an inch tall for me. I couldn't comfortably ride previous models. If they hadn't lowered the 2021 I'd be riding something else.

I have not received the seat yet, it is supposed to arrive tomorrow. I placed the order on Dec 1, so it took 3 months. I only called them once last week to inquiry about the order and the girl on the phone told me the seat was finished and it would ship the week after. I don't understand your last question though. I think they just send the foam and the cover, I have to remove the seat, pull out the cover and foam and staple the new one.
You answered my question, thank you

Just a follow up. I finally mounted the SeatConcept foam, but I think people should know a couple of problems with SeatConcepts. I mentioned above that it took 3 months to receive the order.

I started preparing to mount when I noticed the foam is not fitting well the plastic seat. Turns out they are selling the old foam shape of NC seats as suitable for 2021 version. The shapes are not exactly the same, particularly in front, see pictures attached. Also, the SeatConcept foam is wider in front. I contacted SeatConcepts to ask if I should go ahead to mount. They asked for pictures two times and I sent the same pictures I am posting here (plus a couple more). Their deliberation was that the seat will be fine (with a conflict of interest of course, otherwise they would have needed to refund the money).

I followed their advice and started mounting. I was quite a painful process because the foam was much bigger than the SeatConcept cover. Heating the cover helped with stretching a bit, but it was absolutely impossible to cover the back portion and staple it. I think that side was missing the extra stitched leather which the other three sides had to use for stapling. Basically I ended up stapling the seat cover itself after pulling. But not before I took the utility knife and cut some of the excess foam (1) in the front (you can see from the pictures where the bevel changes) and (2) in the back, to remove the big bulge that made it impossible for me to pull the cover in the back for stapling. Unfortunately, my cutting was not perfect, and now I can see a waving pattern on the back part of the seat, and I am not happy with the look of the $200 foam replacement that took 3 months to arrive.

So, I have to say that SeatConcepts was a disappointing experience.

What about the comfort? I have not tried a good long ride yet, but the height is better and the foam softer. So, it should do the job at the expense of degrading a bit the look of the bike.

SeatConcepts should not sell the old foam shape to 2021 models. The design is very different. The old foam shape is bigger in front because it tried to compensate for the seat shifting many riders have. Now that bigger thickness in front does not make sense. I think SeatConcept is scamming people when stating that the seat they are selling is for 2021 model.

Attachments

• IMG_20220301_123331_fixed.jpg
    IMG_20220301_123331_fixed.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20220301_123421__01_fixed.jpg
    IMG_20220301_123421__01_fixed.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20220228_160410_fixed.jpg
    IMG_20220228_160410_fixed.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 14
Back