• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Dakar Certified Tech-Air Off-Road Airbag System From Alpinestars Coming Soon

admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
Maximum Safety for an Unsafe Riding Style​

For the 2021 Dakar rally race, it will be mandated for riders to show up equipped with a certified airbag system. Luckily for consumers, when companies develop tech for racing series it usually trickles down the R&D ladder and ends up being a consumer product.

As of right now, Alpinestars currently has a few airbag products: the Tech-Air Street ($799.95) and the Tech-Air Race ($1,149.95). With the introduction of the upcoming Tech-Air Off-Road system, they look to complete the line-up with all riding surfaces covered.

Alpinestars-Tech-Air-Off-Road-airbag-02.jpg

Alpinestars has been developing the Tech-Air Off-Road System for the last two years, having some of their professional riders equipped with it during the 2019 and 2020 Dakar rally. The system uses a “Rally-riding crash detection algorithm” to deploy airbags to the chest, back, collarbones, and shoulders of the rider involved in a collision.

alpinestars-tech-air-off-road-airbag-system-6.jpg

This piece of safety gear will be catered to rally-enthusiasts and there is no current confirmation if Alpinestars plans on bringing a cheaper and more economical option for riders seeking a step-down from Dakar certified race gear. The Tech-Air street is a cheaper option to the Tech-Air Race, so we’ll see if Alpinestars plans on bringing a cheap off-road version of the Off-Road System.

I know I’d use one for my dirt biking trips if they had a cheaper version. With pricing still unconfirmed, there’s no way to tell if the system will cost $1000 or $2000, but I’d happily pay $800 for a downgraded version of the vest.

The post Dakar Certified Tech-Air Off-Road Airbag System From Alpinestars Coming Soon appeared first on webBikeWorld.

Continue reading...

Back