• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Dakar

Hank

Reaction score
Visit site
Summary of the day is showing each day on NBC sports channel at 5:30 my time, central.
Honda is very active.

If you are registered at racingfor.me(a torrent site) , you can download the EuroSport HD dailys with the best commentator ever (IMO), Carlton Kirby. I find the EuroSport coverage much superior to NBC Sports.

I don't often come out and disagree with someone else's opinion but I have to on this occasion. I have long wished that Eurosport would get rid of Kirby. He talks in riddles most of the time. He also starts off a piece of commentary in good voice and then fades to a whisper. Time and time again I have to replay what he says to make sense of it or turn up the volume. End of rant.

Have You looked at the Africa Eco Rally. That is another desert race currently running alongside the Dakar. Many of the old warriors from the original Dakar are taking part. Many of them also think that the current Dakar is not really a proper Dakar because it is not in Africa. I suspect that the ECO could eventually give the Dakar in its current format, some strong competition. My interest currently is strong as an Africa Twin is lying in second position.

Thanks for the mention of the Africa Eco Rally. I am checking the torrents now. As to the commentator, I still prefer Carlton Kirby over Leigh Diffey who is the commentator on the Dakar coverage on NBC Sports. Have you been able to view any NBC Sports coverage of the Dakar this year?

I do find that EuroSport does a much better job of presenting the Dakar than NBC Sports does. Also, for me, I find that Carlton has a greater depth of knowledge on the race.

I see that the Africa Eco is carried on Motors TV and in the past they have done a good job of covering the Sebring 12 Hours. I will see how they cover the AER.

Thanks for the mention of the Africa Eco Rally. I am checking the torrents now. As to the commentator, I still prefer Carlton Kirby over Leigh Diffey who is the commentator on the Dakar coverage on NBC Sports. Have you been able to view any NBC Sports coverage of the Dakar this year?

I do find that EuroSport does a much better job of presenting the Dakar than NBC Sports does. Also, for me, I find that Carlton has a greater depth of knowledge on the race.

I see that the Africa Eco is carried on Motors TV and in the past they have done a good job of covering the Sebring 12 Hours. I will see how they cover the AER.

I have never seen the NBC coverage. Kirby does the cycling too and he is a little better at that because he is commentating live and cannot lower his voice and let his mind wander as he does on the Dakar. Its style of commentating that I have an issue with rather than his ability from a knowledge point of view.

Back