• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Dan Moto Ordered

Big Thump

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
After seeing and hearing the Youtubes, and reading reviews, I ordered a Dan Moto Titanium. I also ordered the baffle just to see what the difference in levels will be. Hoping the bike sounds as good with it on as what I am hearing through my sub on the computer. Anyone that has one let me know how difficult it was to install on this bike on a scale of 1 to 5 (1 being very easy)? Thanks.

Noise:

A sound, esp. one that is loud or unpleasant or that causes disturbance: "making a noise like a pig in a trough".

We don't ride hogs, so it's got to be ok!

After seeing and hearing the Youtubes, and reading reviews, I ordered a Dan Moto Titanium. I also ordered the baffle just to see what the difference in levels will be. Hoping the bike sounds as good with it on as what I am hearing through my sub on the computer. Anyone that has one let me know how difficult it was to install on this bike on a scale of 1 to 5 (1 being very easy)? Thanks.

Danmoto is no deal at all. If you just bought your first set of spanners....a Five. If you have ever tightened a nut to a bolt....a .2 as mentioned above.
The biggest issue is if you are using, or want to use, a center stand. Then you will need a way to anchor or stop the 'up' travel of the stand. I made a 'stop' and welded it onto the pipe...in the spirit of the stock unit. Others have found alternate solutions.

Danmoto is no deal at all. If you just bought your first set of spanners....a Five. If you have ever tightened a nut to a bolt....a .2 as mentioned above.
The biggest issue is if you are using, or want to use, a center stand. Then you will need a way to anchor or stop the 'up' travel of the stand. I made a 'stop' and welded it onto the pipe...in the spirit of the stock unit. Others have found alternate solutions.
Thanks, I read your earlier post about the center stand issue. I actually have a lot of mechanical background but I figured it doesn't hurt to ask. I learn a lot from asking and listening to others smarter than me.
Not sure I need the center stand as I usually use a track stand I have, and on the road I use a PackJack lift for oiling the chain. If I do decide to get one, I have a friend that is a welder and will use your fix. I really appreciate the quick responses on the forum.

Thanks, I read your earlier post about the center stand issue. I actually have a lot of mechanical background but I figured it doesn't hurt to ask. I learn a lot from asking and listening to others smarter than me.
Not sure I need the center stand as I usually use a track stand I have, and on the road I use a PackJack lift for oiling the chain. If I do decide to get one, I have a friend that is a welder and will use your fix. I really appreciate the quick responses on the forum.

Trust me!;) A center stand is worth its weight!! I'm curious if the NC with a DanMoto would be too lean? From what I have read its pretty lean in the stock configuration.

Thanks Turbo. I won't rule the Center Stand out then. Unless I change the Air Filter to an aftermarket, with the Fuel Injection, I think it should be ok. I am not removing the CAT. However, I will check the plugs after installation and if needed, I will get a Power Commander to enrich the system. I doubt it though since it is not a full header system.

Last edited:
I put the pipe on last night, and it looks and sounds great. I had to modify the bracket a little, but nothing major. I am going to have to modify a stop for the center stand as it is resting against the linkage for the shock.....

I read this thread throughly and decided to order a danmoto.
I ended up with a Danmoto JISU silver.
I believe it looks fantastic on the bike - its big, about as big as the stock one, so the bike doest feel "naked". Its silver, so keeps with the theme of the bike, and it is quite elegant and subdued. It does not have the "look at me, I got a racerboy exaust!" of the carbon exhausts. (BTW, why are so many exausts made of carbon fibre? with its hatred for heat, I'd say CF is the worst possible material to make an exhaust out of....).

Advice when fitting - when you remove a little silvery ring that is holding the stock exaust, make sure you sand/clean/slightly oil the end of the pipe, so the new can goes in easily. I didnt , and so now it not only I couldnt stick it all the way in (thats what she said!), it wont come out. Its stuck there.
Its well made, but not perfect. A couple of weldingspots on the inside could be tidier, but for 130€ shipped it is fantastic. Danmoto seems to charge what an exaust actually costs, not 4x as much. I got the baffle, but as the NC is a quiet bike, I didnt put it in. Its loud, but not overly so. When I approach my home (or a dense residential area) I just keep it on idle, where it is very quiet.

This should be the fitting video:
[video=youtube;n47i76W2N7Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n47i76W2N7Q[/video]

And this is just the sound of it:
[video=youtube;1WZtMwIslE4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WZtMwIslE4[/video]

You can also hear the difference on my newest videos (recomended: "Exploring Sintra"), since my sound setup is exactly what I hear from inside the helmet (helmet whistle gremlins and all!).

Than you all for the posts!

I read this thread throughly and decided to order a danmoto.
I ended up with a Danmoto JISU silver.
I believe it looks fantastic on the bike - its big, about as big as the stock one, so the bike doest feel "naked". Its silver, so keeps with the theme of the bike, and it is quite elegant and subdued. It does not have the "look at me, I got a racerboy exaust!" of the carbon exhausts. (BTW, why are so many exausts made of carbon fibre? with its hatred for heat, I'd say CF is the worst possible material to make an exhaust out of....).

Here is the fitting video:
[video=youtube;n47i76W2N7Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n47i76W2N7Q[/video]

And the sound:
[video=youtube;1WZtMwIslE4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WZtMwIslE4[/video]

You can also hear the difference on my latest videos. The sound I got is about the same as what I hear from the inside of the helmet - helmet whistle gremlins and all!

Back