• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

DanMoto XG-1 Twin Pipe exhaust

Big jeff- you should send Danmoto those pictures with the centerstand stop and get about 30 belt buckles for it!

BTW- I really like the "Army" bike in the first pics you put up!

Big jeff- you should send Danmoto those pictures with the centerstand stop and get about 30 belt buckles for it!

BTW- I really like the "Army" bike in the first pics you put up!

Yeah right - the "army bike" is a 87 VN750 Kawasaki V-twin. The PO dropped the bike on the shifter and broke the internal shift shaft. It sat for years and he gave it to me for free to get it out of his garage. I split the case, replaced the $7 broken shaft, then spent a few hundred on misc parts and gaskets. The engine is rebuilt sitting on a stand waiting for me to get off my *** and install it. I re-did the brakes too with SS lines and added a vintage tractor seat.

Hard to get real motivated to finish when I have two other road ready bikes though. :(

For the baffle question - I don't know. The XG-1 is basically a straight pipe. If you want a baffle - I would go with something else. Of course ANYTHING can be modified if you are good.

I believe there baffles go in before the slip on. I will contact them. thanks. how are these pipes holding up?

I can see putting on a straight pipe like this if you have a sports bike, but on the NC? It doesn't fit the nature of the bike. I'm all for a good sounding, deep tone exhaust, but it has to fit the nature of the bike.

A bike's nature is what you make it, especially one as multi-purposed as the NC. As far as I'm concerned, my pipe goes with the rest of my bike like peas go with carrots.

Back in "the day" we used SNUFF OR NOT on straight pipes. Was popular on Honda Scramblers. Might still be available. Would be simple to fabricate for those interested in a little more baffled sounding exhaust. Might be something that would show up at a swap-meet.

I can see putting on a straight pipe like this if you have a sports bike, but on the NC? It doesn't fit the nature of the bike. I'm all for a good sounding, deep tone exhaust, but it has to fit the nature of the bike.

Knowing fully well that I did this - what is your point? If you trim that stupid tail off and don't hang luggage all over it, the NXC looks very sporty. And sounds like a sportster too with that pipe. Ahh....nevermind.

Took the plunge, got the x1 with the baffles, and ordered an arrow cat replacement pipe. Around $460 total. I'll see if I can make a video with baffles in and out after I get it all installed. Hopefully won't take months to get it.

Back