• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Question Dashboard compatibility

filipe22

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone,
I bought a 2014 NC700x, manual. I am super happy with the bike, but I would like to upgrade the dashboard to the new ones with color.
Does anyone know if the dashboard of the new NC700x manual are compatible? Could I easily swap one for another?
Thank you,

There isnt much color in my 2021 dash. A little bar that changes color with every gear change which I turned off and a red flahing square in the last fuel block when it goes on reserve

Hi everyone,
I bought a 2014 NC700x, manual. I am super happy with the bike, but I would like to upgrade the dashboard to the new ones with color.
Does anyone know if the dashboard of the new NC700x manual are compatible? Could I easily swap one for another?
Thank you,
@lootzyan seems to have very well developed technical and mechanical knowledge, and is very helpful. If he does not respond here, maybe PM him? He seems to be able to cut through the clutter pretty quickly on many topics.

@lootzyan seems to have very well developed technical and mechanical knowledge, and is very helpful. If he does not respond here, maybe PM him? He seems to be able to cut through the clutter pretty quickly on many topics.
I prefer not to answer with speculations whether it is possible because nowadays someone can assure (anonymously) that it is possible.
First you have to look at the interface. The combination meter is constantly communicating with the ECM/PCM. But look online. There are a huge amount of display offers that purport to replace your outdated display. So everyone is free to seek. I don't have enough information on this. But such a question should be easily answered by an experienced Honda dealer technician.

The second generation had a TFT dash. Depending on the setup the colours (mainly of the tach) could change in different gears, or rpm ranges. The down side was/is you'd need the manual to figure how to change the clock and accidental button presses would send it into disco mode, which would take a while to figure out. The next generation gained TC, and a higher rev limit at the expense of the dash reverting to B&W LCD.

Back