• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Question Daytona 500

mzflorida

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone, from the group here, is going to be at the Daytona 500. I’ll be there watching the races on Saturday and Sunday. It would be great to put a face to the font.

Not this year. Just TV, but back when I lived in Daytona, I always enjoyed the Rolex more in person. I do miss the old 'standing on the fence' days...

I was wondering if anyone, from the group here, is going to be at the Daytona 500. I’ll be there watching the races on Saturday and Sunday. It would be great to put a face to the font.
I'm not attending the races but it's a short ride to Daytona for me. I look forward to meeting you if possible.

Not this year. Just TV, but back when I lived in Daytona, I always enjoyed the Rolex more in person. I do miss the old 'standing on the fence' days...
I know what you mean. Back in the 90s and up to about 10 years ago would plan on seeing my business accounts in Palm Coast on the Thursday morning before the Rolex practice session. Around 1 PM I would be parked across the street from the track so I could walk into the Speedway and get a spot about where the drivers come off the tri-oval and dive into the infield hairpin. DIS did not charge admission back then for Thursday practice and there would be a few hundred of us hanging on the grandstand fencing or seated a few rows up. At some point the admission went to $10 but still a bargain.

Last edited:
Back