• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Daytona Bike Week

I usually go the first Friday and perhaps the last Saturday. I don't enjoy the masses of loud cruisers but I do like to walk the vendor areas at the track and Sun Plaza. Last year the wife and I rode our 80cc scooter around Daytona.

I will try and make the supercross on march 8th as usual but ill run home as soon as the race is over, just not the place for me :D

I'll probably ride up there a few times. The nice thing about being retired and within less than an hour's ride from Daytona is that no special planning is needed.

Bob

Don't worry you aren't missing anything. Its embarrassing to be on a bike in that area during bike week. Two times a year a whole bunch of idiots make motorcyclists look bad. Nuff said.

I hope to be there for one weekend, probably second arriving Thursday or Friday and camping at the Speedway. Depends on my schedule to install some equipment just prior near Brunswick, GA

Don't worry you aren't missing anything. Its embarrassing to be on a bike in that area during bike week. Two times a year a whole bunch of idiots make motorcyclists look bad. Nuff said.

idiots oh I'll fit in well
old-man-mooning.gif

I'll be there the 2nd weekend for the Daytona 200. I don't care about all the other activities just the AMA races. It's sad to see the AMA series going downhill so I figured I better see the 200 while I can. We are carrying the NC up in our toyhauler.

I road the Indian and the Yamaha, and there was not all that bad of a line at the test ride area. The fact that there was not much of a line for the test rides surprised me.2.jpg

SmileyHelmet.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
I road the Indian and the YamahaView attachment 16803

I rode the Indian Vintage too. A very heavy bike that I would have never had a chance to ride otherwise. Which Yamaha did you ride? I rode the FZ-09 and loved it (I wouldn't buy it, though).

I road the exact same motorcycles you road at the demo area. Like to see the FZ-09 engine proto type of the adventure bike become a real production bike.

Back