• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Dct problems

İntegra dct

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello friends
I have a 2016 model integra and I have a problem.
When my engine is warmed up, I experience instability in gear shifts after driving for about 30 minutes, for example, when the gear will be shifted from 2 to 3, the engine speed increases instantly and then shifts like that -

Have you tried an oil change? There is a special DCT filter in addition to the regular filter. It would probably be the first thing I would try.

You don't have much choice. You must go to an authorized Honda service. They should have diagnostic tools for your DCT generation. Here in the US, we don't know much about the NC Integra.

I applied to almost all the services where I live, but there is no solution anymore, I am looking for a solution myself, the engine's oil and filters, the sensors under the seat, the sensor in the front gear, everything has changed, but there is no solution. When it gets hot, it increases the speed instantly, then '-' appears on the screen

The most common DCT failure discussed recently on this form is a failed 'shift motor". While it's typical failure symptoms do not exactly match what you describe, due to the motor's failure rate, it might be worth investigating. How many kms does your Integra have on it? Are there any other symptoms, or can you describe in more detail what is not working correctly with the shifting?

Very recently we had a forum member whose DCT shift motor failed when it got hot. The Honda dealer was not much help in diagnosing the problem, but the owner was able to repair the DCT by replacing the shift motor.

...When it gets hot, it increases the speed instantly, then '-' appears on the screen...
This is new information from you. The PCM may have a DTC (Diagnostic Trouble Code). You need service manuals to know how to read this.
If the engine revs up before shifting gears, the clutch may be slipping. Another reason to have a service manual.
Too bad you don't have access to Honda service. They should have an MCS diagnostic device with a "Drive Train Motor Menu" function for testing the Shift Control Motor.
You can try cleaning the inside of the Shift Motor, check the brushes, clean the commutator with fine sand paper and a good electric cleaner.

You don't have much choice. You must go to an authorized Honda service. They should have diagnostic tools for your DCT generation. Here in the US, we don't know much about the NC Integra.
The only differences between the NC700X and NC700D series are cosmetic. My shop manual is for both the styles.

The only differences between the NC700X and NC700D series are cosmetic. My shop manual is for both the styles.
I made this note because, for example, I do not know if 2016 NC Integra has DCT 2nd generation or 3rd generation? What are the differences in the diagnostic procedure? Without a proper service manual it is rather too much guesswork for a reliable diagnosis. DCT parts and repair are too expensive to rely on unreliable advice.

the motorcycle is now at 26000 kilometers. I removed the gear shifting engine of another motorcycle and attached it to my own motorcycle, but the problem still persisted, and the pin in the gearbox was changed, by the way. The problem occurred a few months ago after driving more than half of the 200 km road at 160 170 km/h and we haven't been able to find the problem for a month. I applied to a honda service, they connected it to the device, but there is no problem on the device.

At the exact moment of gear shifting, he presses the clutch and the engine turns to neutral, it is late in shifting, then it suddenly passes and it is very hard. For example, 1 2 1 2 is written on the screen momentarily, while shifting from 1 to 2, and then '-' appears on the screen

Can you have an access the service manual? If you want to find the problem yourself, having a service manual is rather necessary. Do you know which generation DCT is in your Integra? More S driving mode has been added in the 3rd generation.

yes 3rd generation
Unfortunately, I do not have access to the 3rd generation DCT Service Manual. Possibly many of the diagnostic items are similar to the 2nd generation.
It looks more like a problem with engaging one of the clutches.

Imagine that you are driving a motorcycle with manual gear and you press the clutch and turn the throttle at the same time, the reaction at the moment of shifting is exactly like this. tachometer goes up, then gear shift happens

Is there a pattern where the shifting is abnormal for only even gears, or for only odd gears? For example, shifting to 2nd or 4th causes the engine RPM to rise, but shifting to 3rd or 5th is normal.

I have a suggestion but not a solution. The DCT tech is the same that is used in Honda four wheelers/ATVs. I would post your question there as well. Also there is a website and Facebook site(?) (not sure what they are called...sounds right) called Honda Pro Kevin. I would also post your questions there. Sorry I don't have the solution but I hope this helps get you moving in the right direction.

Mike

Back