• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Deal on low mile '13 NC700X?

TacomaJD

Reaction score
Visit site
So I've been pondering grabbing a 2nd NC to have one for track and one for street so I don't have to switch back and forth between track ready and street ready, as track ready has lights removed or taped up, no tag, mirrors removed, highway peg in a higher position for my leg, etc.

Well I was thinking about buying a new one for the street and keeping my 13 model as track only bike. Just browsing ads and came across this one identical to mine in southern Ohio for $3200. It's the DCT and only has a little over 3k miles on it, however it says it has a Salvage title. I'm familiar with this, because my dad made a living for over 30 years buying and selling cars from insurance auctions.

I would figured this bike to have a rebuilt title instead of salvage. Either way, I could snatch this one up, use mine for street and this one for track. It won't be driven on the street so I wouldn't even have to bother with getting it inspected. I do feel the $3200 price tag is about $500 too high to have a salvage title though.

I haven't called them yet, but I am really giving this bike some thought, I don't really need a brand new one, I enjoy riding mine just fine. This would save me some cash and be a bonus for having 100% interchangeable parts with my other bike.

I'm anxious to learn what makes this bike a salvage title though. That means something happened to it to warrant payoff by the insurance company....doesn't look damaged at all, and I doubt they would have spent any money fixing any damage on it just to sell as a salvage title, it'd seem they'd at least get it inspected at that point and sell for higher price. So what was it? And will they be straight up with me if I call..... Flood damage maybe? Who knows. I'm definitely interested though and am gonna try calling them later.

Last edited:
Per Ohio: (Racers Edge probably doesnt want to spend the $50 to have the vehicles re-inspected).
owners wanting to have vehicles with salvage titles branded as "rebuilt salvage titles" must first get an inspection from the Ohio Department of Public Safety.

To schedule an appointment, you need to contact the Ohio State Highway Patrol. This link will help you find an inspection office near you.

The Ohio State Highway Patrol [get ready for the legalese] "inspects the vehicle, including establishing proof of ownership and an inspection of the motor number and vehicle identification number of the motor vehicle and of documentation or receipts for the materials used in restoration by the owner of the motor vehicle being inspected, which documentation or receipts shall be presented at the time of inspection. A fee of $50 is charged by the state highway patrol for each inspection. So, get those repairs done right the first time. "

Per Ohio: (Racers Edge probably doesnt want to spend the $50 to have the vehicles re-inspected).
owners wanting to have vehicles with salvage titles branded as "rebuilt salvage titles" must first get an inspection from the Ohio Department of Public Safety.

To schedule an appointment, you need to contact the Ohio State Highway Patrol. This link will help you find an inspection office near you.

The Ohio State Highway Patrol [get ready for the legalese] "inspects the vehicle, including establishing proof of ownership and an inspection of the motor number and vehicle identification number of the motor vehicle and of documentation or receipts for the materials used in restoration by the owner of the motor vehicle being inspected, which documentation or receipts shall be presented at the time of inspection. A fee of $50 is charged by the state highway patrol for each inspection. So, get those repairs done right the first time. "

I doubt that is it, because they could ask much more for a bike with a rebuilt title that is ready to transfer to and be registered by a new owner, rather than selling with salvage title where the new owner has to go through the hassle of getting it inspected.

Here is the email I received back from Racers Edge.

"it came in pretty much just like you see it ... we did nothing major just washed and shine from what I can remember
we have 2 of them right now so from what I remember it just had a few light scratches maybe a turn signal
it was a personal injury claim ... more the rider hurt than the bike ... so the insurance was quick to settle and pay it off
I don’t we have to collect taxes for that state so all you will have as fees is the one time $40 title transfer fee and that’s it
sounds like a great idea
let us know"

I ended up offering $2,800 if I were able to pull the trigger on it, we'll see what they say. I really don't need to be buying another bike right this moment, but hate to pass up a good deal!

In my opinion, if the bike has salvage title that means that fixing bike - regardes what was the problem, costs the insurance more than value of the bike. The bike looks in really good shape that makes me think about the engine issue or something else not so easy to see? Somebody put sugar in the gas tank? :D I would be really careful...
And, regarding the price, I bought my 2013 700X DCT with 4K on the odometer in 2017, 2 extra Puig windshields, centerstand, Givi top case, 2 side cases, from the firsts owner for $5200. I was able to find similar offers for much less, around $4500, but I was in rush for my trip so I overpaid. The guy was asking $5900 but when I counter-offered $5200 he accepted immediately, without any further negotiation. That was the sign for me I paid more than I should. But, c'est la vie... What I want to say is the price was about $4000 - $4500 three years ago. Now probably $3500-$4000. Maybe even less. With the regular title. With the Salvage title I think you should've offer $2000 top. And I don't think I'll pay more than $2500. Except if you are 100% sure you don't plan to sell it later, you'll keep it until it dies - in that case title doesn't matter. But don't forget it's Honda, it's not gonna die so easily... :D

In my opinion, if the bike has salvage title that means that fixing bike - regardes what was the problem, costs the insurance more than value of the bike. The bike looks in really good shape that makes me think about the engine issue or something else not so easy to see? Somebody put sugar in the gas tank? :D I would be really careful...
And, regarding the price, I bought my 2013 700X DCT with 4K on the odometer in 2017, 2 extra Puig windshields, centerstand, Givi top case, 2 side cases, from the firsts owner for $5200. I was able to find similar offers for much less, around $4500, but I was in rush for my trip so I overpaid. The guy was asking $5900 but when I counter-offered $5200 he accepted immediately, without any further negotiation. That was the sign for me I paid more than I should. But, c'est la vie... What I want to say is the price was about $4000 - $4500 three years ago. Now probably $3500-$4000. Maybe even less. With the regular title. With the Salvage title I think you should've offer $2000 top. And I don't think I'll pay more than $2500. Except if you are 100% sure you don't plan to sell it later, you'll keep it until it dies - in that case title doesn't matter. But don't forget it's Honda, it's not gonna die so easily... :D

I bought my bike, identical to the one I'm looking at here with salvage title, (2013 NC700X DCT silver) for $3,800 with 8k miles from an individual last Spring. But I have consistently watched for sale ads on these bikes since I bought that one and have yet to see another DCT that is clean with decent miles priced like that.

There is a walkaround video of that bike in the link of it running and the guy taking off on it at the end. Of course I would inspect it thoroughly in person before handing over the cash. Being for a track bike, I'm just trying to get into it cheap as I can. Guy replied back and said "We could probably save you $50-100 on it" HAHA, yeah I'd rather save like $400-500 since it's a salvage title. LOL. Idk if it's worth it, coupled with what I'd spend in fuel pulling trailer for 13 hour round trip....but hard to find those DCT bikes in good shape with low miles for that cheap around here.

Are you saying you want a DCT bike for track use? Unusual.
The bike looks in great condition. I especially noticed how clean the front brakes, ABS ring looked. It seems to have grip puppies on there, so maybe it hit the handles bars in a crash? Just be sure to have it inspected before handing over any money.

Are you saying you want a DCT bike for track use? Unusual.
The bike looks in great condition. I especially noticed how clean the front brakes, ABS ring looked. It seems to have grip puppies on there, so maybe it hit the handles bars in a crash? Just be sure to have it inspected before handing over any money.

I use my current DCT on track. I am a left leg below knee amputee and am unable to shift gears without the DCT. I want one bike that stays track ready and one that stays street ready, instead of having to spend an hour or 2 swapping back and forth from street prep to track prep in between trackdays. Might have 3 -4 weeks in between trackdays and want to ride on street in between, sucks swapping back and forth.

2673688.jpg

Why would I need a trooper post?

I'm thinking awfully hard about leaving out around 3am Saturday morning and driving up to snag the NC! Will be a long 14 hr round trip.

Well I would eventually like to get it inspected in AL and get a rebuilt title on it, solely for the purposes of when/if I wanted to sell it one day. But I talked to a family friend that holds a dealer's license here in AL and he said only dealer's can get salvage vehicles inspected in AL. I could buy it, transfer it to his name, he can get it inspected, then transfer it back to my name, but he charges $200 to do all that, then another $200 to cover inspection. Add that plus $200 fuel minimum for 14 hour round trip, and I think I'd just be better off finding one closer to home with good title.

Dang it.

That said, anybody wanna sell a DCT bike on the cheap that lives within a few hours of North AL?!

Tacoma JD, I can understand you deciding to pass on that bike. I will keep an eye out for you on any DCT bikes in my area. I was lucky to find my 2015 about 20 miles from my home. Although, at the time, I didnt know they were kinda scarce. The bike was stock, but only had 1400 miles on it when I bought it last year.

I love the black.
This Wednesday I'm picking up a 2014 with 10K miles, Cee Bee windshield, Sargent Seat, new tires, $3,850. I was pondering a new 2015, Dealers are selling them for $4,999 + $200 for dealer fees, but the 2014 has everything I want and saves me $1300.

Thanks TacomaJD appreciate the input and photos of center stand in action. I've read where the 700x center stand is easier to engage / apply than most bike center stands?.

Back