• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Dealer has a VFR1200X

MZ5

Reaction score
Visit site
Stopped by the Honda shop today, and lo and behold, they had a VFR1200X! (That's the American-market designation for the Crosstour, for those across the pond) Manual shift. It was a very nice-feeling bike. They still have the R1200RT I sat on a couple weeks ago, too. The Viffer put the rider in a similar posture. Fairly comfortable, really. I'm actually not that high on the tubeless spoked wheels, but I don't suppose they really constitute a problem for me. Also couldn't help but notice that the big Viffer is rated to carry ~30 lbs less than the NCX. :)

This shop apparently had a DCT version, too, but the guy who bought it may have had a deposit down on it or something, because it was gone as soon as it arrived.

What is it about the Viffer that attracts me, I wonder? It's definitely NOT the prospect of routine service on that transverse V-4 engine, that's for sure! Shim-under-bucket design, too, I believe. Not a fan. So, why am I so interested in that bike? I've been trying to figure that out for a while. If you guys have any ideas, please share them so I can work on countering them in my head!
:)

The bike looks like a cross between the NC and the Africa Twin - I really like the way it looks. Gotta love the shaft drive too.... my chain needs lubing right now. Between my bicycles and the NC I'm sick of chain maintenance. The VFR has good power, a ton of torque and it's available in DCT too. However the seat is a bit high and the bike is too heavy for my taste. 610 pounds for the standard model and probably about 30 pounds more for the DCT. That's just too much for me.

I'm betting the service intervals are higher on that than the NC. I've had a couple VFR 800s. The service interval is much better. Being on a VFR board there are many guys on there that have never touched the valves after the first check when they were spot on. The 800 is a pretty bullet proof bike. And after all its a Honda. Keep the oil changed and ride the thing

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Back