• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Debeak?

fastring

Reaction score
Visit site
I ran into a pic if an nc without the beak, anyone here done that and if so, how was it? I am not a fan of the beak look under the headlight and the extra plastic panels on the side of the frunk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A pic of mine for good measure, the beak was one reason I decided against the X model...

20140623_133412-L.jpg

A pic of mine for good measure, the beak was one reason I decided against the X model...

20140623_133412-L.jpg

That's a "Beautiful Bike". It would have been a difficult decision for me if the NC700S was available here in the US. I think that the NC700X had a few more accessories than the "S" model. NaNCy could have been a "S". I wonder how that would have worked out, DCT "S". Hmmm...

I am missing NaNCy as I've riding this all week, see image below.

I helped my nephews get this bike, a 2014 CB1000R. I'm part owner and have the responsibility of breaking it in for them. Sweat Bike, this is as close as I would get to a "Sports Bike"...

Attachments

• IMG_3633.jpg
    IMG_3633.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 314
  • IMG_3632.jpg
    IMG_3632.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 316
Last edited:
i hear the riding position is also different, is that true?

not only the height... but also you are more leaned forward than the x. true?

You are a lil bit more leaned forward but I much prefer that to the bolt upright position on the X as it feels more sporty and just a more natural position for me. Have a look here to compare bikes against each other after entering your details
http://cycle-ergo.com/

Last edited:
That's a "Beautiful Bike". It would have been a difficult decision for me if the NC700S was available here in the US. I think that the NC700X had a few more accessories than the "S" model. NaNCy could have been a "S". I wonder how that would have worked out, DCT "S". Hmmm...

I am missing NaNCy as I've riding this all week, see image below.

I helped my nephews get this bike, a 2014 CB1000R. I'm part owner and have the responsibility of breaking it in for them. Sweat Bike, this is as close as I would get to a "Sports Bike"...
Cheers I like it. Now that CB1000r looks tasty :)

Cheers I like it. Now that CB1000r looks tasty :)

It is!!! :cool:

I've got up to 100 MPH earlier on the way into work this morning. The other day I got it to bring the front off the ground then the engine revved over 8,000 RPM in first gear. Hell of a thrill ride !!!

The only bad part is that it does not have any storage for all my stuff needed for commuting to work.

You are a lil bit more leaned forward but I much prefer that to the bolt upright position on the X as it feels more sporty and just a more natural position for me. Have a look here to compare bikes against each other after entering your details
Motorcycle Ergonomics

thanks for the site.

is more lean forward by 4 degree based on the site. i like that. also the bike handle being a bit lower should create less turbulence too. i wish the S was avail here. i would trade the X without 2nd thought.

thanks for the site.

is more lean forward by 4 degree based on the site. i like that. also the bike handle being a bit lower should create less turbulence too. i wish the S was avail here. i would trade the X without 2nd thought.

I second that. The S is far more easy on the eyes and the one issue I have with the X is that, while it's practical in use to absolute perfection, I'm not in love with it, no will I ever be. I look everyday for bikes I would trade it in for if I could handle the payments but then remember none of the other options can carry anything on board, and I really enjoy having a place to stash my helmet.

That CB1000R is on the list of potentials, though. That and the BMW S1000R. Both gorgeous, exciting rides. If the S we're available, this dilemma of choosing looks and thrills over convenience and practicality would not exist.

Getting back to the actual thread title, are we deciding the beak cannot be removed without serious modding of the exposed sides?

Anyone have a guess as to how complex it'd be to turn an x into an s (assuming you could get the parts)? Just a matter of swapping panels?

You'd need a lot of parts, not just body panels. Headlight and dashboard, and all the associated mounting hardware. Those are all stationary on the X fairing, but move with the front end on the S. Way more expensive than it's worth, but I guess if aesthetics are that much of a deal...

Aside, that CB1000 is a gorgeous bike. Super jealous.

Back