• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Decisions, Decisions

Lsdpoet

Reaction score
Visit site
Okay...so I installed Givi 1146 saddlebag rails on my 2016 nc700dct...a job that should have taken 30-45 minutes I accomplished in 2.5 hours due to my mechanical "aptitude".
So now comes the search for saddlebags...
I'm looking fozr bags that are not too expensive but still look good on the nc.
Any and all recommendations would be greatly appreciated...
By the way I just put Puig windscreen on but haven't ridden with it yet...found out my wife ordered Madstad 22" in light gray as a surprise for me...if I don't like the Puig, I will pit the Madstad on and sell the Puig...or, if I like the Puig I will sell the Madstad...so many decisions...

I use, and a number of other members here, the givi e22 bags. Best bang for your buck without looking oversized

Yes they literally just snap on there. Just checking you did get the general givi side rails, not the ones specific to Trekker or v35 cases correct? As long as that’s the case then you’ll be fine. I use the E22s for commuting, grocery getting and all around useful hauling. No top box at this point and I’m happy with my setup. The bags are narrow and don’t give my bike a big ass.

Yes they literally just snap on there. Just checking you did get the general givi side rails, not the ones specific to Trekker or v35 cases correct? As long as that’s the case then you’ll be fine. I use the E22s for commuting, grocery getting and all around useful hauling. No top box at this point and I’m happy with my setup. The bags are narrow and don’t give my bike a big ass.
Thanks, Rabbit...exactly what I wanted to hear.

If you're looking for an inexpensive set of bags for your Givi mounts, consider using Pelican - real or Harbor Freight knock off (Apache brand) boxes. They offer a good variety of sizes, they can be locked, will mount easily to the Givi mounts using steel wire clips/clamps and are weather tight. The are not (easily) removed once mounted but you can use fabric bag liners as removable luggage if you need to use them travelling. I'm using them on my FJ-09 and did a video on the install:
It's been almost three years and I'm still pleased with them.

If you're looking for an inexpensive set of bags for your Givi mounts, consider using Pelican - real or Harbor Freight knock off (Apache brand) boxes. They offer a good variety of sizes, they can be locked, will mount easily to the Givi mounts using steel wire clips/clamps and are weather tight. The are not (easily) removed once mounted but you can use fabric bag liners as removable luggage if you need to use them travelling. I'm using them on my FJ-09 and did a video on the install:
It's been almost three years and I'm still pleased with them.
I didn’t watch your video, but did you employ a mount system that makes the Pelican cases easily removable?

I have a Pelican top case on my dual sport. It’s a great case but it is permanently mounted.

No, as I mentioned, they are not easily removable - in fact I haven't taken mine off since mounting them so calling them "permanent" works for me. (It would only take a few minutes to remove them but putting them back on might take an hour - yeah, they are permanent.) I bought a couple of cloth bags on eBay, about the same size as the inside of the saddlebags to use for travel or transporting loose items. They have zippers and carrying handles. Never needed them as it happens, but there they are:
IMG_1401.JPG

Back