• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Delkevic Silencer Install

Mainsail

Reaction score
Visit site
The first picture shows the parts that come in the box; not shown is a decal and the instructions for removing/installing the baffle. The baffle is installed at the factory, so if you want it in, it's in already. I wanted it in so there isn't any help here if you prefer it out.

They don't provide any instructions for installing the muffler on the bike, but it's pretty straightforward. My only question was what to do with the tube of sealant, but reading the instructions for other bikes I think it goes anywhere the pipes slip together.

TOOLS:
12mm wrench
12mm socket & ratchet
10mm socket (for the install)
5mm hex wrench or equivalent (for the install)
Hand spinner wrench (optional)
Stool to sit on (optional)

Put the bike on the centerstand

REMOVE the Factory Muffler:
1. Loosen the forward clamp with the 12mm socket/wrench
2. Remove the hanger bolt/nut with the 12mm wrench (on the nut) and socket (on the head)
3. Wiggle the muffler off the extension pipe
4. Clean the extension pipe if it's nasty (mine was clean)

INSTALL the Delkevic Muffler:
1. Apply a bead of sealant around the outside of the NC700 exhaust pipe
2. Slip the link-pipe with the clamp over the sealant and position such that the centerstand stop is parallel to the ground
3. Position the clamp such that you can access the head of the screw to tighten it, but such that it isn't going to touch anything else
4. Tighten the clamp only enough to get the slop out- but leave it loose enough to allow it to turn
5. Apply a bead of sealant around the outside of the link pipe
6. Put the clamp on the muffler and slip it over the link pipe (I had to bend the tabs on the muffler open a tiny bit to get it over the link pipe)
7. Position the clamp such that you can access the head of the bolt to tighten it, but such that it isn't going to touch anything else
8. Install the rubber insert on the hanger strap (by far the most time consuming part of the whole project)
9. Push the factory hanger bolt back through its hole, install the hanger strap around the muffler, and hang it on the bolt. Screw the nut on one turn.
10. Put the bike on the side-stand and position the link-pipe so the centerstand bump-stop is resting square to the tab of the link-pipe
11. Tighten the clamp on the link-pipe with the 10mm socket wrench
12. Position the muffler appropriately by turning it. It will not want to turn inside the rubber insert (sticky) easily; Delkevic recommends soapy water so the muffler will turn in the strap, but I just took the hanger strap back off and rotated the muffler until it was correct, then reinstalled the strap.
13. Tighten the muffler-to-link-pipe clamp with the 5mm hex wrench
14. Tighten the nut/bolt on the hanger strap.
15. Wipe the muffler and link-pipe down with alcohol to remove any hand oils and dirt to prevent stains

You're done! It's easier to do it than it is to read it. The muffler sounds fantastic too; just a little louder than the stock one but with a much deeper tone. Weighs about half of the stock muffler, not that it's something you'll notice. It does not interfere with the Givi saddle bags in any way.

Attachments

• Muff05.jpg
    Muff05.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 286
  • Muff03.jpg
    Muff03.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 295
  • Muff02.jpg
    Muff02.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 314
  • Muff01.jpg
    Muff01.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 301
  • Muff00.jpg
    Muff00.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 301
  • Muff04.jpg
    Muff04.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 298
Last edited:
Very nice job! Clean, Clean, Clean. I looked long and hard at that one and finally decided on a different one. I sure like the way it turned out, Great choice. Gotta love that sound! :{)
NC700x with new parts.jpg

Congrats on your new exhaust. Make sure after you run it a few times to double check your fasteners. I found that when I installed mine and took it for a spin that things weren't lined up exactly the way I wanted so I made some adjustments and noticed after running it that things sorta losened up a bit for me. So now I try to remember to check things periodically just to make sure things stay where they should. The Delkevic does look nice and the quality seems good.

Two starts and a drive-by. Some wind noise.

Best with headphones or earbuds.

[video=youtube_share;SVXjj2X_pig]https://youtu.be/SVXjj2X_pig[/video]

Back