• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Denali D2 2.0 Kit Install.

eugene_tyj

Reaction score
Visit site
My buddy installed a set of Denali D2 2.0 lights for me.

I find that I enjoy night rides and I needed more illumination.

So it pays to have my buddy who is a dentist, has small hands, and is OCD.

As you can see everything is wired up of so cleanly.

We also replaced the SW Motech crash bar bolts with OEM longer Honda bolts. They are highly recommended. As they thread into the engine mounts very very smoothly.

The fork mounting kit from Denali had clearance issues with the radiator and fairing when turning the handle bars. So we mounted it on the fender. We replaced the original M6 1.0 pitch screw with a longer 30mm screw from Ace hardware.

20210828_162037.jpg
The lights does not scream after market.

20210828_164259.jpg
Switch mount position

20210828_161636.jpg
Clean battery compartment

20210828_161854.jpg
Routing the switch wire and the wires to the lights at the fender.

Next mod will be Shad luggage I want to be able to store my helmet as my giant head wonlt let my helmet with its comms and mounts fit in it,

I did some looking and the Shad rack without the luggage on looks discete.

That’s awesome. Do you find the D2 lights help a lot for night riding?

Those little guys make a dramatic difference.

Here is the beam 25 feet.

20210828_205616.jpg
factory lights

20210828_205628.jpg
Denali lights

The throw and flood of the spot is very very good.

It's s pricey but IMHO for someone like me whose eyes does not gather that much light at night due to health issues. The amount of light is very very good.

Reviving this older thread rather than starting a new one...

New member here. I ride a 13 F6B and my father-in-law got a 21 NC750X last fall. He was a long time Winger but gave riding up because the bike got too big. He decided he wanted to start riding again so we got him a CTX 700. Right size but he didn't prefer his feet forward and wanted DCT so here we are.

I'm in the process of installing D2s on my father-in-laws 21 750X DCT on the Honda light bars. I'm trying to determine where the OP tapped the white trigger wire into. It doesn't look like the OP is taking advantage of the Denali Datadmin option (multiple brightness levels). Nor are we so I just need to tap into a suitable trigger wire so that lights cycle on when ignition cycles on.

Thanks in advance for any guidance!

I believe the '21 has the same 6 pin auxiliary wire harness stuffed into a small clip housing on the left side of the frunk.
I've included a link to a video I made when installing a fuse block on my '20 to show where the 6 pin harness is located.
You can tap into the V/R (violet with red stripe) wire in the 6 pole connector for switched power for your Denali trigger.
The green wire in the 6 pole connector is a ground.

I believe the '21 has the same 6 pin auxiliary wire harness stuffed into a small clip housing on the left side of the frunk.
I've included a link to a video I made when installing a fuse block on my '20 to show where the 6 pin harness is located.
You can tap into the V/R (violet with red stripe) wire in the 6 pole connector for switched power for your Denali trigger.

I'm curious. Is the switched power available on the 6P option connector on a late model NC, as delivered new? On early models, like years 2012-2015, it was necessary to buy and install a Honda accessory fuse/relay kit to get power available at the 6P connector.

I'm curious. Is the switched power available on the 6P option connector on a late model NC, as delivered new? On early models, like years 2012-2015, it was necessary to buy and install a Honda accessory fuse/relay kit to get power available at the 6P connector.
Yes, you still need the fuse/relay kit.
Eastern Beaver sells their own version of that kit.
It is of higher quality and lower price than the Honda kit.
The link below takes one to Eastern Beaver's NC750/700 electrical accessories.

Thanks for the quick response and video, bigbird. Much appreciated.

That being said, I'm not convinced that the 21's are the same as I can't locate the tab or the harness that you showed. I'm not clear on what the harness was used for on the earlier models but on the 21's there's a 4 pin connector on left side in front of frunk for driving lights and USB charger. I'm familiar as I'm installing the USB charger as well. It has red/blue, brown/white, blue and green. It seems the USB taps into the red/blue and green as it's two pins.

OK, then I suggest if you have a multimeter with sharp probes, just separately probe the red/blue, brown/white, and blue with your positive probe, and any ground with your negative probe.
Do so first with the ignition off (that will tell you if any or those is unswitched power), and probe again with the ignition turned on (but engine not running).
That will obviously tell you which of those 3 wires will have your required switched power.

Thanks again, bigbird.

I positapped the red/blue wire going into the accessory harness with the USB charger attached. I was getting 12v there and not the other wires.

I hope this feedback helps the next member looking for similar information.

Back