• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Denver ride Friday 8/15

Ackme

Reaction score
Visit site
Looking to take the day off and get out for a ride, if anyone local is interested. Ride plan at this point is non-existent. Pretty tempting, eh? :p

Looking to take the day off and get out for a ride, if anyone local is interested. Ride plan at this point is non-existent. Pretty tempting, eh? :p

Cathy and I are going to ride Friday. I have not decided on a route yet. How far or how long of a day are you thinking of?

I was thinking from Centennial, 83 down to CS to WP and up the 67 to Pine Valley cutoff to E470 home. Maybe turn towards Cripple Creek and loop around.

Cheers

Last edited:
Like I say, There is not much of a plan. A couple of my DR650 buddies want to ride. They are both retired so time is less of a constraint for them but we generally go around 150 to 200 miles. That way sounds pretty good. We had talked about Pikes Peak last week but you guys just did that the other day, right?

Like I say, There is not much of a plan. A couple of my DR650 buddies want to ride. They are both retired so time is less of a constraint for them but we generally go around 150 to 200 miles. That way sounds pretty good. We had talked about Pikes Peak last week but you guys just did that the other day, right?

Yes we rode up there on Tuesday. It was 180 mile round trip stopping near WP for lunch. We were going to make the Cripple Creek loop part of this ride which would have made it 265 miles. It took us about 6 1/2 hours so another 85 miles would not have been bad, we just needed to be home early afternoon.

It is a 39 mile up and back once you pass the pay both. It does take a while to get up and back. But If you haven't been up there I would not suggest you miss doing it. It is pavement all the way to the parking lot at the top. Don't forget to go online and print the discount coupon, it will save you $2 off the $12 entry fee.

Let me know what you guys decide.

Cheers

Pikes Peak is out for tomorrow. Do you guys stick to pavement exclusively or is some street bike do-able dirt ok with you?

Pikes Peak is out for tomorrow. Do you guys stick to pavement exclusively or is some street bike do-able dirt ok with you?

We are sticking to pavement this year. I would take the L if I was going to ride any dirt. But then it would be mostly dirt.

I think we are going north tomorrow. Cathy wants to do Proude again.

We always do. Maybe we can get together another day you can take a day. You make the plan and let me know.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Didn't ride today after all. A friend is coming up from NM next week and we will probably ride everyday. If you have a day let me know.

Will do! We ended up doing about 250 miles but I did not take ANY pictures - yes, I suck. :cool: Went from Deer Creek- up Turkey Creek up through Evergreen to Squaw Pass then Idaho Springs an up Oh My God to the Peak to Peak and from there up to Estes. Wound our way back down Devils Gulch. Saw the storms rolling in and then hugged the foothills back south to Boulder/Golden. Only got wet once. Fun day.:)

Back