• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Did Not Think the Day Would Come

D

danrev

Yesterday I bid farewell to my NC700x. Never thought I would be saying that, but I traded it in for a CTX 1300 Deluxe. Honda is making great deals on the CTX and my dealer offered a nice trade-in on my NC, so I took the deal. I know there are things I will miss not having the NC any longer: the Frunk and great mileage are 2 that immediately come to mind. As my first bike following a 38 year hiatus it was a good one on which to start riding again. It also taught me how much money you can spend AFTER you buy the bike. I learned some hard lessons on finding a better seat (ended up with Seat Concepts) and how many windscreens you can try before you find the right one (MadStad). I still have a clear CalSci medium that someone can have for the cost of shipping. As the NC was my first bike in getting back into riding, this Forum was my first experience on a Forum. I have enjoyed being a part. I have received some good advice and interesting stories. I have appreciated the usually benign banter and have winced at the occasional sarcasm and touchiness. But the plusses far outweigh the minuses and it has been a great ride both literally and figuratively. Thanks for allowing me to be part of the family. Dan

Good luck with your new ride! But, it doesn't mean you need to leave us. Come back anytime and visit.

Enjoy that new ride Danrev. I have an ST1300 and it's the same basic engine as the CTX 1300. I sat on one at Daytona bike week and liked the ergos more than my ST. Look at ST-Owners.com for info on that engine if you haven't already.

I bought a new ST1100 in 1990. What a fabulous motorcycle...in 70K miles I replaced 1 headlight bulb and a lot of tires. Great bike for squeezing a lifetime into a 2 week holiday. I am sure the CTX will be much the same.

not my style but very nice bike! isn't it less adventurous though? ;)

View attachment 22699

p.s.
it weights 745LB ??? wow, 338kg - I guess when you're down with this bike you're really down for good ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

View attachment 22699

p.s.
it weights 745LB ??? wow, 338kg - I guess when you're down with this bike you're really down for good ;)

Whatever. It gets you the girl, and my, she looks happy! :D

Well you didn't think the nc was going to be your last bike, did you? Everyone eventually gets something else. Give us a ride report after a few miles. Enjoy the new bike!

That 1300 looks like an awesome bike, but I would hate to have to work on one. Enjoy!!

Since I'm not that mechanically inclined I don't work on them. Leave that to the service tech at the dealer. The Honda dealership here is great. Wonderful people to work with and they have always taken good care of my needs. Their motorcycle service tech is the best in the area, and I hear this from lots of people who ride bikes other than Hondas.

View attachment 22699

p.s.

If I was to buy a bike solely on style it probably would be the CB1100 since that is the look of the CL 175 I rode back in the early 70's. But the CB1100 didn't fit my current needs. Yes it doesn't look very adventurous, but that's OK with me.

Yesterday I bid farewell to my NC700x. Never thought I would be saying that, but I traded it in for a CTX 1300 Deluxe.

Sorry to see another owner leave their NC700X behind. :(

This has been going on quite often lately in the past few months. The exact reasons are unknown. Some might say that they are looking for the next best things, while others want excitement.

All I can say that I'm happy with mine (NaNCy) and do not have any plans soon to leave her behind. Only the VFR800X Crosstour with the DCT would be an option, however I would replace my ST1300 to get that bike, not the NC.

Good Luck you and your new ride...

If I was to buy a bike solely on style it probably would be the CB1100 since that is the look of the CL 175 I rode back in the early 70's. But the CB1100 didn't fit my current needs. Yes it doesn't look very adventurous, but that's OK with me.

Well at least it is not a GoldWing .... :) , yes it is bigger than an X but will give a lot of the Wings ability with out the cost or weight. I'll still keep my Wing for taking wife for rides but now the feel and nimble handling of the X it gets 15K miles to the 2K miles on the Wing. Now you need to get you a 250 dirt bike and you'll have it all. The CL 175 was a great bike in it's day and will also always have a special place in my heart like yours. Trouble is all the Yamahas, Suzukis, BMWs, and other Hondas I loved are also there.... you never have enough bikes.,... check out OCR he has 19+ still in his garage, well make that 18+ as he is always out riding the X. Good luck and ride the wheels off it.

Yesterday I bid farewell to my NC700x. Never thought I would be saying that, but I traded it in for a CTX 1300 Deluxe. Honda is making great deals on the CTX and my dealer offered a nice trade-in on my NC, so I took the deal. I know there are things I will miss not having the NC any longer: the Frunk and great mileage are 2 that immediately come to mind. As my first bike following a 38 year hiatus it was a good one on which to start riding again. It also taught me how much money you can spend AFTER you buy the bike. I learned some hard lessons on finding a better seat (ended up with Seat Concepts) and how many windscreens you can try before you find the right one (MadStad). I still have a clear CalSci medium that someone can have for the cost of shipping. As the NC was my first bike in getting back into riding, this Forum was my first experience on a Forum. I have enjoyed being a part. I have received some good advice and interesting stories. I have appreciated the usually benign banter and have winced at the occasional sarcasm and touchiness. But the plusses far outweigh the minuses and it has been a great ride both literally and figuratively. Thanks for allowing me to be part of the family. Dan

I'd be interested in your windshield.
Any idea what the cost would be to 98092, the Seattle area?
Rick

Your mailbox is full!!!!

A little of topic but we should have a windshield exchange program. If you have a windshield that didn't work for you exchange it for someone else's. Each would pay for their shipping.

Back