• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Different models?

Bcsmith

Reaction score
Visit site
So just a question about different models? My 2014 ownership lists my bike as NC750XS. From my reading here I am not sure what the differences are between models. Could anyone clarify this for me please. I’m thinking DCT dual clutch transmission but I also thought NC750X was different from a NC750S.

The S model has shorter suspension travel, F & R, when compared to the X. And since we don't get the S here in the states, I'm not sure if it's available with DCT.

I'm not a fan of adventure bike styling, (I only ride on dirt or gravel to get to the campsite) but I like the Frunk, the engine and the DCT. My focus is motorcycle camping.
The CTX doesn't have a Frunk and it has a smaller gas tank.
The"S" would push all the buttons for me. But I am in the USA

Comparing the S and the X (but not DCT) They seem to think the main difference is looks. Maybe the S is better for shorter/older? people.

Last edited:
So just a question about different models? My 2014 ownership lists my bike as NC750XS. From my reading here I am not sure what the differences are between models. Could anyone clarify this for me please. I’m thinking DCT dual clutch transmission but I also thought NC750X was different from a NC750S.
I can't clarify but I can blather on without any facts.

I'm guessing you have an NC750x with a standard transmission? Hence the 's' after the 'x' At least that is my guess.

The NC750x is a slightly different bike than the NC750s as described by DirtFlier in his post above.

In the 2014 model year Canada got two models, the NC750S and the NC750X. The NC750X has adventure bike styling including a small beak below the headlight. The beak sets both bikes visually apart. The S model is styled as a street standard motorcycle and has less plastic fairing components compared to the X but the frame, wheels, drive and running gear are almost identical.

I can't clarify but I can blather on without any facts.

I'm guessing you have an NC750x with a standard transmission? Hence the 's' after the 'x' At least that is my guess.

The NC750x is a slightly different bike than the NC750s as described by DirtFlier in his post above.
Melensdad I think you nailed it. Mine is for sure the NC750X and the S is for standard. Thanks again

Melensdad I think you nailed it. Mine is for sure the NC750X and the S is for standard. Thanks again
Every once in a while even a blind squirrels finds a nut.

And my statement was a guess, but it was an educated guess. On my insurance form my NC750x with DCT is referred to as a NC750xd. So I simply guessed that your NC750xs was referring to a 750x with a standard transmission. If I wasn't so lazy I'd go over to my vehicle title cabinet and look to see what my title says, but as I just paid my insurance bill I had the insurance card sitting on my desk.

Every once in a while even a blind squirrels finds a nut.

And my statement was a guess, but it was an educated guess. On my insurance form my NC750x with DCT is referred to as a NC750xd. So I simply guessed that your NC750xs was referring to a 750x with a standard transmission. If I wasn't so lazy I'd go over to my vehicle title cabinet and look to see what my title says, but as I just paid my insurance bill I had the insurance card sitting on my desk.

In the 2014 model year Canada got two models, the NC750S and the NC750X. The NC750X has adventure bike styling including a small beak below the headlight. The beak sets both bikes visually apart. The S model is styled as a street standard motorcycle and has less plastic fairing components compared to the X but the frame, wheels, drive and running gear are almost identical.
I guess I am a big fan of "less plastic." (that's why I have two standard GLs and not Interstates.)
But here in the USA, if you want a Frunk with DCT, you get an NCx.
I think the NCs's look much better than the CTX Folks complain about the "feet forward" cruiser seating on the CTX

I ride regularly with two pals who have CTXs and whenever I'm leading and come to railroad tracks, I merely stand up without slowing much but they have to slow way down because there is no way to stand up with feet forward!

That old (2012) X vs S comparison from Nova Scotia repeated the fallacy that the NC engine is "half of a Honda Fit engine." If you compare the bore & stroke sizes and engine layout, it's untrue. And the Fit has a higher redline!

I didn't bother to look, but is the CTX still in production? 2 years ago my local dealer was complaining that he couldn't sell them, at the time he had a 1 or 2 year old model on the floor at a big discount. Eventually it was sold and I've not seen a CTX on his floor since.

I didn't bother to look, but is the CTX still in production? 2 years ago my local dealer was complaining that he couldn't sell them, at the time he had a 1 or 2 year old model on the floor at a big discount. Eventually it was sold and I've not seen a CTX on his floor since.
Neither the big CTX1300 nor the CTX700 are current Honda products. I guess that Honda styling exercise was a flop. It looked to me like the CTX styling was based off the DN-01 (which stood for Do Not Own One) which was also a flop.

2018 was the last year the CTX700 was made anywhere, Honda discontinued along with the VFR1200X and several other models.

Neither the big CTX1300 nor the CTX700 are current Honda products. I guess that Honda styling exercise was a flop. It looked to me like the CTX styling was based off the DN-01 (which stood for Do Not Own One) which was also a flop.
I was looking at the NT700 V. I'd really prefer a shaft drive. I wish they still made them, but in a naked version (Ala Honda NT650 ) with DCT.

nt700.jpg

Last edited:
Back