• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Display Cluster Broke Off

WutangPanda

Reaction score
Visit site
The plastic mounts on the back of my display cluster snapped while I was riding today. I have command strips holding it on as a bandaid. I am new to motorcycle maintenance/repair and I wasn't sure if this is an issue that I can fix easily or if I should take it to a mechanic. If anyone has suggested replacement displays I would also appreciate input. IMG_20210304_151233.jpg
2015 NC700x

Not sure if the mounts themselves are replaceable.....never took mine off. I see your bike is a 2015. Is your bike exposed to alot of sunlight?.....not sure where you are located. The sun can have a dramatic impact on plastics,but, I'd think other plastic parts would suffer as well.....before those mounts. I'd definetly ask an experienced mechanic....if possible. You could search the web for replacement......if that's even a possibility due to how it's constructed?.

Not sure if the mounts themselves are replaceable.....never took mine off. I see your bike is a 2015. Is your bike exposed to alot of sunlight?.....not sure where you are located. The sun can have a dramatic impact on plastics,but, I'd think other plastic parts would suffer as well.....before those mounts. I'd definetly ask an experienced mechanic....if possible. You could search the web for replacement......if that's even a possibility due to how it's constructed?.
It was garage kept by the guy I bought it from and I've had it in the garage for 2.5/5 of the months I've owned it. When it isn't in the garage it has a cover on it. The third post just broke and I can see more clearly that the screws holding it on fell apart and I think vibration and contact with the metal slowly cut the mounts apart. I've found a couple of replacement pieces I just don't know how complicated of a replacement that is. I guess I'll have to take it to a mechanic or live with zip ties (the command strips fell off when I was riding in to school this morning).

Last edited:
Understood. Aquire a FSM ( factory service manual ) it may not be that bad of a replacement / fix......if you have tge FSM

Back