• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Do all Riding Jeans run really small???

Techrat

Reaction score
Visit site
I wanted to buy some riding jeans with the armor in the knee. I went to CycleGear and tried on several pair. I heard that riding jeans run small so I was expecting to have to get a bigger size but this was ridiculous!!!
Normally I wear a 38X30 in jeans, so I tried a pair on. I couldn't even get the first pair buttoned.
I sized up to a 40X30. No go. Way too tight and they were crushing my junk.
Sized up again to 42x30. I could get them on but sitting comfortably for any length of time would be a problem.
Wanted to try a 44X30 but they didn't have any in stock. Now I have have to order some pants online.

My question - Should I go for the 44X30 which should fit or get 46X30, which should have more than enough room?
I believe that 46 is the largest they make but I don't want them to be overly big.

Do all riding jeans run extra extra extra small? Do I really have to move up 3 or 4 pants sizes just to find some jeans that fit? Or is it an issue with the way "Bull-it SR4 Flex Jeans 2016" fit?

Techrat

I have riding jeans from Cycle Gear and they are the same size as my other jeans maybe a little tighter but they are fine.
I bought them two or three years ago.

I'm pretty sure that all motorcycle clothes run really small... Either that or my gut and my butt are becoming more and more oversized.
>T

European clothes tend to run small, but nothing like you are describing. My Klim jeans are the same size as my regular jeans.
American makers do tend to label clothes small to flatter people. “Oh their clothes fit perfectly, I can wear a six in them,”

Motorcycle clothes have to be tight to keep protection pads in place, and have a better aerodynamic behavior... But of course they must not cause any discomfort.

Loose clothes will not stay in place and will work as air brakes as the speed increases...

A colleague opened the zippers of the sleeves to allow more air in the jacket on a hot day... But he had a low side and the sleeves went up to the shoulders because of the abrasion... His arms was totally unprotected from both impact and abrasion. :(

I wanted to buy some riding jeans with the armor in the knee. I went to CycleGear and tried on several pair. I heard that riding jeans run small so I was expecting to have to get a bigger size but this was ridiculous!!!
Normally I wear a 38X30 in jeans, so I tried a pair on. I couldn't even get the first pair buttoned.
I sized up to a 40X30. No go. Way too tight and they were crushing my junk.
Sized up again to 42x30. I could get them on but sitting comfortably for any length of time would be a problem.
Wanted to try a 44X30 but they didn't have any in stock. Now I have have to order some pants online.

My question - Should I go for the 44X30 which should fit or get 46X30, which should have more than enough room?
I believe that 46 is the largest they make but I don't want them to be overly big.

Do all riding jeans run extra extra extra small? Do I really have to move up 3 or 4 pants sizes just to find some jeans that fit? Or is it an issue with the way "Bull-it SR4 Flex Jeans 2016" fit?

Techrat
Klim K Fifty 1 jeans in 38x30 fit me great and I usually wear a Carhart loose 38x30

I too found many of the jeans too snug. Nothing until the Klim fit like the old Draggin' Jeans I used to wear. But, I really wanted armor, not just Kevlar and kept looking until I found the Klim.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Back