• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Does anyone have the key code for the 2012???

Jay Fridays

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I recently lost my key, and the locksmiths want to charge me double to make a key because I do not have the "Code"...

Any suggestions???

ps. I did write it down on my user manual, but lost the manual while moving. The dealer does not have it; I called them as well

Two numbers are involved: the blank number, and the unique cut for your lock. Since all the keys (hopefully) have a unique cut, I doubt anyone would know the code to your motorcycle. If anyone did they could have a key made and started it (or stolen it). Or am I misunderstanding your question?

Last edited:
Well… from what I gather this guy is saying, I think it will have a general letter or beginning that will be a way for him to select the key type. Or he could just be trying to rip me off. Because he said he normally makes keys from scratch "no template" for $115, but want $200 for mine cause i don't have the code.

Is there a letter at the beginning of your code?

Mine has no letter at the beginning. Even the little metal tag that was attached to the keys on my new 2015 had only a numeric code. It is just an 8-digit code made up of 1's, 2's and 3's.
I will drop you a PM as well.
>Thom

They key type or a key blank can be a hd109. Numerous on this forum have used this key blank for spare keys for the trunk-works in the ignition also.

Two possible solutions:

You could try the dealer. With the VIN and proof of ownership, they should be able to run the vin, through the Honda system and get the code, and use a nipper type key cutter to make a new key. You might want to supply the blank key. Honda blanks for a while had a pricing issue.

Plan B if that VIN search does not work, years past the ignition switch had the key number printed in the bottom. Not sure that's still done but it's worth a try.

As far as every key being different, they are not. There is likely several 1000 combinations after that they repeat.
Often there are stories even in the auto world........where someone drives away with the wrong car by accident using their key in a car that looks just like theirs. Newer "Side winder keys" and immobilizer keys makes this almost impossible to happen today.

Last edited:
Back