• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

does it fit? (helmet addition)

For a helmet to fit in the frunk it has to be empty, except for maybe a couple of items that you could put inside the helmet when you stow it. To ride around with such a handy box empty seems to me to defeat the handiness of it. You can place the helmet on one of the mirrors, and with a small padlock you can lock the helmet D rings to the mirror stalk. Then the frunk can be stuffed with neat stuff which will bring you great joy.

For a helmet to fit in the frunk it has to be empty, except for maybe a couple of items that you could put inside the helmet when you stow it. To ride around with such a handy box empty seems to me to defeat the handiness of it. You can place the helmet on one of the mirrors, and with a small padlock you can lock the helmet D rings to the mirror stalk. Then the frunk can be stuffed with neat stuff which will bring you great joy.

Ah, but if you have a big head then you have enough room to stuff a good bit of stuff in the helmet ;)

If you use a bluetooth communicator (Cardo, Sena) or wear a helmet mounted camera, it will very likely not fit in the frunk.

My helmet fits without those attached (Shoe RF-1000), but does not fit when I put either on.

My GoPro 4 Session mount is on the left forward chin bar on my Qwest, so with the camera off the mount it fits. It would not fit with a mount glued to the side or the top.

I went helmet shopping at the Honda dealer this morning and, despite an epic selection--nothing fit in the frunk (though I did not try the $600 Shoei helmets).

So, I ordered another of the one I already had--HJC CL Max II, modular, in a new color.

REhA4R4l.jpg

^That fits, in the 2XL size. It is not a super tight fit, and required no frunk mods. (I had to replace the old helmet as I was wearing it in an accident).

Side note, they had 4 new NC700's on the showroom floor.

EDIT--Picked up the new 2016 helmet and it's still an easy fit. A decent buy for about $160.

Last edited:
For a helmet to fit in the frunk it has to be empty . . .

When first reading that phrase, I chuckled. Being that a head is usually what we put in a helmet, I would certainly expect the helmet to be empty when placed in the frunk!

I guess this is just a case of an ambiguous antecedent to the pronoun it. :)

Last edited:

I agree, the frunk has to be empty for a helmet to fit in. But only in the moment you want to fit the helmet in. So, if you put only stuff into the frunk, that you need at your destination (hiking-gear, towel, speedos, etc.), you have no problem.

i have a few more helmets that can be added to the list.

Vega Stealth F117 large does NOT fit.
IV2 953 series dual shield modular small fits.
Scorpion EXO T1200 medium is a tight fit but fits. would prolly be an easier fit, if battery door was removed.

I bought my 2XL Scorpion EXO-T510 without checking this list. Not only would it not fit, it wouldn't even go into the top opening more than a few inches.

I consulted this list before buying my XL Shoei Neotec, but got it home only to find it did not fit. I was able to push it down in there, but the lid would not close. To add insult to injury, I was out/about when I tried it for the first time. I had my Sena 10S mounted with the adhesive and it tore the mount off my helmet.

My XL Neotec fits. Shield up, red tab near the key, aka the front of the bike. Frunk closes.

I just went out to double check how I put it in. Tight but closes.

Is there something in the bottom? Is the tool kit / manual pulled down tight?

Last edited:
My XL Neotec fits. Shield up, red tab near the key, aka the front of the bike. Frunk closes.

I just went out to double check how I put it in. Tight but closes.

Is there something in the bottom? Is the tool kit / manual pulled down tight?

You had me 2nd guessing myself, so I just emptied my frunk completely. The only thing left was the SAE pigtail for the battery tender and the rubber band that holds the elusive lock nobody seems to be able to find.

Very very tight fit. I pushed a little farther than I was comfortable with the first time I guess. You're right, I was able to close the lid, but I almost didn't get my helmet back out. I stand corrected, but would never ever try that again.

You are right, it is a tight fit.

You can get the helmet out more easily by pressing the tab and raising the modular bar.

I should add that when I put the SAE lead in my frunk I cut out a small piece of the plastic for it to pass through. Until I did that the plastic piece between the frunk and the battery did not seat properly and probably would have made the fit even tighter.

Last edited:
1Storm, HG339, Modular Flip up (XL)

Fits snug but I have to detach my bluetooth before I put it in, otherwise it scratches the face shield.

The list isn't perfect, and the OP sucks and only updates it once in a blue moon.

With that said, I've found I tend to keep too much stuff in the frunk to even bother with it...helps the scorpion gt-950 is way too long to even think about fitting.

Won't comment on what the OP does/doesn't do as I don't know them!! But I will agree with the latter statement on both counts, although I have the AT950, thought the GT was the 920.

The list isn't perfect, and the OP sucks and only updates it once in a blue moon.

With that said, I've found I tend to keep too much stuff in the frunk to even bother with it...helps the scorpion gt-950 is way too long to even think about fitting.

OK, for the note, so I have been able to fit my HJC IS-17 (L) with its side support for the Sena 10C cam for many months, but it ended damaging the rubber joint at the base of the lid and I eventually had to glue it back to the lid (super-bonder), so my advice is that that helmet should NOT be considered a proper fit, or just a VERY TIGHT occasional fit.

Back