• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

does it fit? (helmet addition)

The last thing I put in my trunk is my helmet - I have important stuff like: registration - Frog Togs - air pump - water - light jacket - flash light - tire seal

Most important it has to hold the old lady's purse!

I'm looking for a new helmet and I've been consulting the list. There is a small problem with the list, other than the fact that it isn't updated often. The list doesn't take into account whether the bike is a 2016 (my bike) or earlier. The 2012's through 2015's have a 21 liter frunk, while the 2016's have a 22 liter. So theoretically, a helmet that won't fit in one of the earlier models may fit into the 2016.

On a side note, I love the fact that someone has composed a list in the first place. I wish that Honda would add something like this to their website for the NC700's with drop-downs based on helmet manufacturer, model and size and a note whether it fit the 21 or 22 liter frunk. It would be a big help not only those who already have the bike but to people looking to buy hoping that a certain helmet will fit in the frunk. Just my 2 cents.

Techrat

Odds are if it fit in the 2012-2015 it will fit in the 2016 as the increase comes from the shape of the inside of the compartment lid. Helmets that did not fit had shell circumferences too large to fit into the compartment opening.

I started this list in 2012, so while understand, 2016+ wasn't a thought.

If anyone wants to do the leg work is be more than happy to update the list.

I have a 2016 NC750X (Canada) in which a large Scorpion EXO-GT920 fits, although it's a very snug fit (and the tool kit and rubber band had been removed beforehand). Note that the size of the 'frunk' was increased (by 1 liter) to 22 liters for 2016.

Biltwell Gringo XXL fits with room to spare (I can leave my big old Sena attached)! 2016 NC700X.

Last edited:
My Shoei GT Air Large fit in my 2016, but not once I added a Sena communicator.
Same thing with my HJC IS-Max II modular helmet in large.
My current Shoei Neotec 1.0 large can't fit even without the Sena attached.

I bought a Reevu FSX1 full face/modular helmet in XXL. I just tried it and it fit in the frunk of a 2018 NC750X with the lid completely closed, but I had to take everything out of the frunk to get it to close. The Reevu is a large helmet. Here it is compared to my old XXL HJC full face helmet:7C7345D8-A958-46B4-8F87-4B7886086E59.jpg

Last edited:
Klim TK1200 Traverse

I received this re-do of the Lazer Monaco a couple days ago from Motorcyclegear.com Though the shell size appears to be slightly larger than the fiberglass Monaco I'm replacing it does fit in the frunk of my 2012 NC700X. It takes a little wiggling; be sure to hold the bottom of the helmet perfectly flat against the front of the frunk.

My new Icon Street Airform XL does not fit. Gathering ideas on what to do with my frunk. On the bright side, I can probably scratch the rear case and just go with two side cases.

Hi everyone! Just bought an LS2 ff390 XL helmet - fits perfectly. 2014 NC 700S.
My LS2 370 (M) Easy modular fits. 2016 NC750X.

Could not fit a Givi X16 modular (M) :(

Enviado do meu Aquaris_A4.5 através de Tapatalk
My LS2 325 L modular fits too!

Does anyone know if a NEXX Vilitur fits?

Enviado do meu SM-A320FL através do Tapatalk

Adding because I just got the first one:
Scorpion EXO R420 Size M. Snell certified, and very long front to back. Does not fit in 2012 NC700X.
Origine Forma Size M. Fits.

I think I'll keep the Scorpion in my top case. Does anyone use the wire that comes in the tool pouch to secure their helmet to the under-seat area? Seems like a bit of a hack on Honda's part.

Last edited:
Adding because I just got the first one:
Scorpion EXO R420 Size M. Snell certified, and very long front to back. Does not fit in 2012 NC700X.
Origine Forma Size M. Fits.

I think I'll keep the Scorpion in my top case. Does anyone use the wire that comes in the tool pouch to secure their helmet to the under-seat area? Seems like a bit of a hack on Honda's part.
I use the cable when my wife and I ride together, I leave one end of the cable on the post under the seat (I zip tied that end on so it doesn't accidentally slip off when I'm trying to secure the helmets) I use a small lock to secure the D-rings to the loop on the other end. With two helmets locked on the cable like that you can't see how they're secured, they sit with the open ends against each other

Back