• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Done and done, thanks and so long to all.

Cutter J. Duke

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Being a member since Oct. 2012 I've seen this forum grow and its been fantastic. But I now have my new ride and I'll be moving on to another forum that covers that motorcycle. If you have read my other post as of late then you know I had been considering a Triumph 800XC as my primary (and at this point only) ride. Well as of yesterday it is mine and the silver NC is now for sale at the dealership. So someone will be getting a nicely outfitted NC ready to ride with a Seat Concepts seat, Pulg rear hugger, grips, adjustable levers, etc. A test ride of the Triumph sold me, a passing roll on the throttle in 6th from 70mph was an eye opener and reminded me of why I rode sports bikes for all those years. It's a great bike and the thing sounds amazing even with stock exhaust. That triple sound is on that is as sweet as the any motorcycle I've heard. The extra power is enough to help me shake that feeling that I was just short of full motorcycle. I learned a long time ago that being able to out accelerate, out turn and out brake all the cars out there that were trying to pancake me, are the major weapons I had to protect myself. For me as much as I enjoyed the NC, I never got comfortable that I could be out accelerated by a hell of a lot of the small cars on the road. Or that the brakes never had the feel I desired, good thing that experience was on my side in two panic stops that found me locking the front wheel. The Triumph has an ABS that is my first, I spent and hour in a parking lot trying to get a feel for it, I was impressed, not at all what my old school attitude expected.
So for me the NC was a handy little commuter bike, that was a fun little ride up to the corner store and with a handy little frunk to carry all kinds of things in. However to make it closer to what I really need as my major mode of transport, I was going to have to invest far more money than I deemed reasonable or justifiable considering the bluebook price has taken quite a bite out of the resale and still it would be underpowered for the task for which I needed it. I still recommend it to everyone I meet that say they are considering their first motorcycle. This along with the Honda 500's will usher in the next generation of riders with a well planed out beginner bike, alas for me, going from the GSX-R to the NC left me wanting just a bit more. Seriously if the NC had just 65 hp it would have never left my sight. That is the difference between the perfect bike and a story of the NC that I once had, around 15 horses (and a bit of leg room I have to admit, the NC's ergonomics are just a bit tight for me, the Triumphs rider triangle is much nicer for me).
So ladies and gentlemen, thank you, I have enjoyed myself and hope that I have shared some interesting information and maybe a few laughs. This is an outstanding site with interesting people...You meet the nicest people on an NC700.... I'll be poking my head back in from time to time to check on friends and see what the newest rumor is, So if you see a man on a black Triumph Tiger XC waving like crazy at you as you ride your NC....Well that's probably your friendly neighborhood "Cutter J. Duke" saying hi and hoping that you are enjoying your ride.:cool:

I had a wonderful day riding in the VA and WV mountains with a guy on a 800XC last summer. Very capable bike. We had alot of fun traveling up to the BYOB at Seneca Rocks. I had to use all the NC had to stay with him despite the XC being about 40 hp up on my poor commuter bike.

Thanks for all your contributions here including the NC700 calendar you put together last year.

Being a member since Oct. 2012 I've seen this forum grow and its been fantastic. But I now have my new ride and I'll be moving on to another forum that covers that motorcycle. If you have read my other post as of late then you know I had been considering a Triumph 800XC as my primary (and at this point only) ride. Well as of yesterday it is mine and the silver NC is now for sale at the dealership. So someone will be getting a nicely outfitted NC ready to ride with a Seat Concepts seat, Pulg rear hugger, grips, adjustable levers, etc. A test ride of the Triumph sold me, a passing roll on the throttle in 6th from 70mph was an eye opener and reminded me of why I rode sports bikes for all those years. It's a great bike and the thing sounds amazing even with stock exhaust. That triple sound is on that is as sweet as the any motorcycle I've heard. The extra power is enough to help me shake that feeling that I was just short of full motorcycle. I learned a long time ago that being able to out accelerate, out turn and out brake all the cars out there that were trying to pancake me, are the major weapons I had to protect myself. For me as much as I enjoyed the NC, I never got comfortable that I could be out accelerated by a hell of a lot of the small cars on the road. Or that the brakes never had the feel I desired, good thing that experience was on my side in two panic stops that found me locking the front wheel. The Triumph has an ABS that is my first, I spent and hour in a parking lot trying to get a feel for it, I was impressed, not at all what my old school attitude expected.
So for me the NC was a handy little commuter bike, that was a fun little ride up to the corner store and with a handy little frunk to carry all kinds of things in. However to make it closer to what I really need as my major mode of transport, I was going to have to invest far more money than I deemed reasonable or justifiable considering the bluebook price has taken quite a bite out of the resale and still it would be underpowered for the task for which I needed it. I still recommend it to everyone I meet that say they are considering their first motorcycle. This along with the Honda 500's will usher in the next generation of riders with a well planed out beginner bike, alas for me, going from the GSX-R to the NC left me wanting just a bit more. Seriously if the NC had just 65 hp it would have never left my sight. That is the difference between the perfect bike and a story of the NC that I once had, around 15 horses (and a bit of leg room I have to admit, the NC's ergonomics are just a bit tight for me, the Triumphs rider triangle is much nicer for me).
So ladies and gentlemen, thank you, I have enjoyed myself and hope that I have shared some interesting information and maybe a few laughs. This is an outstanding site with interesting people...You meet the nicest people on an NC700.... I'll be poking my head back in from time to time to check on friends and see what the newest rumor is, So if you see a man on a black Triumph Tiger XC waving like crazy at you as you ride your NC....Well that's probably your friendly neighborhood "Cutter J. Duke" saying hi and hoping that you are enjoying your ride.:cool:

3.jpgGood luck with your new ride.

SmileyRider.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats, think if I ever traded my NC it would be for a Triumph 800, I rented the XC version in Barcelona last September and was very impressed after four days riding through the mountains.

Best wishes buddy! I hope you have a totally awesome time with your new pride and joy! :D

Much thanks and appreciation for all your hard work and effort into the wonderful NC700 calendar of 2013

Your new Forum friends will be getting a great fellow joining them.

Don't be a stranger! :)

So a quick update on the new ride. I'm loving the power on this bike, the triples horsepower being nearly twice what the NC had, and the sound is just so sexy. I rode into a parking lot the second day and had a car with two 20ish year old girls pull up next to me to "admire the motorcycle", hell yea. I always thought that Honda had some of the best transmissions in the world, but the Triumphs shifts "like butter" no clunks and shifting is so smooth its actually kind of strange, it just kind of snicks into the next gear with zero fuss of any kind, even under full power no clutch shifts, amazing. The extra leg room of the fairly high saddle has been a big help to me, so comfy but the inseam challenged need not apply even with the seat in the low position. Here is some photos and even though I miss the NC and the Frunk most of all, I'm still having so much fun its got to be illegal.triumph 1 photo.jpgtriumph 2.jpgtriumph 3.jpgtriumph 4.jpg

Back