• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Down but not out!!!

WoW BCsmith! That's never a good thing to go down on your bike. though i'm very glad to hear that you were wearing your gear and that you were able to walk away from it! Wishing many blessings to you and yours! :{)

Don't exactly know what ATGATT means, but it probably points out to always wear riding gear...?

Glad you are okay, hopefully no damage on the bike too. Looks like a soft landing.
All
The
Gear
All
The
Time

A phrase for riders who pretty much always are fully dressed on their bikes in moto gear. I think its probably got origins in America where, in most states, even helmets are optional. My wife and I were riding all afternoon yesterday, it was a beautiful day with record high temps for the season. 70(F) in mid-afternoon dropping into the mid 60's(F) by late afternoon. Lots of motorcycles on the streets.

We probably saw 50-60 other riders.

Other than my wife & I who ride ATGATT, of those riders I saw absolutely ZERO wear armored moto pants. Absolutely ZERO wearing an armored moto jacket. Exactly 1 wearing a helmet.

Glad you weren’t hurt. When I first saw the picture, I had a comical (at least I thought it was) retort come to mind concerning a collapsed kickstand. I didn’t make it because I thought maybe you got hurt and humor was not wanted. Anyway, glad all is well.

Thank you!
And yes, I only do ATGATT too. On hot summer days (higher than 30 C / 86 F) I don't ride at all. Can't keep up a safe level of concentration during the trip. Rather enjoy cold Belgium beers in the garden instead...
If I waited until it was below 86F I would only get 3 months of riding a year and the mornings would be cold.:eek:

Back