• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

dropped my bike

mrbios

Reaction score
Visit site
Pulled to the right side of the on ramp to put my phone in my pocket which was mounted in the phone holder. and the bike started to roll backwards and was leaning to the right and ended up falling over. I had a heck of a time picking it up because it was leaning downhill. I wanted to pass along some good tips:

1. if you drop your bike put it in first gear to lock the rear tire
2. now you can grab the handlebar end to get extra leverage to pick it up.
3. The right foot peg broke off so I put my foot on the passenger peg on the way home.
4. When I got hope I mounted an extra left side foot peg upside down on the right until a new set of aftermarket pegs arrived.

Sorry for your bike’s misfortune.

I’m just thinking “out loud” here. That’s a good tip about putting the bike in first gear, but that might be difficult if the bike falls on it’s left side. (DCT owners can substitute parking brake for first gear). But then I realized I never put the bike in neutral at any time while I’m out riding, so it should never be a problem anyway.

I hope you get the bike well soon.

Bummer man I hate dropping bike. Haven't dropped my NC or my CB but I dropped my FJR turning around in gravel and ended up breaking my arm.

Glad you weren't hurt.

I ride solo most of the time, and at my over-60 age and after 2 lower back surgeries, lifting the bike is not a good option. So I carry one of these

It works great, is easy, and stores in a small (10L) dry bag on my Dale rack. No affiliation with them whatsoever. They are pricey, but cheaper than a trip to the ortho.

This is the method I use to pick a bike up. I've picked up a K1200LT while still suffering from a back injury.

Do you think your RGaza crash bars saved anything? I am still onthe fence about adding bars vs just the OEM Light Bar. My main objective is to hand some lights. But I want to work on slow speed riding so there could be a drop or 2. Maybe the OEM bar would help enough for a simple drop. Shame Honda doesn't sell something more robust.

Do you think your RGaza crash bars saved anything? I am still onthe fence about adding bars vs just the OEM Light Bar. My main objective is to hand some lights. But I want to work on slow speed riding so there could be a drop or 2. Maybe the OEM bar would help enough for a simple drop. Shame Honda doesn't sell something more robust.
I have the OEM light bar on my current NC and had Hepco & Becker bars on my 2015. The H & P bars for bikes to 2020 were sturdier and extended further away from the bike than the OEM light bar does. The former offered some protection to the plastic fairing while the OEM light bar is too form-fitting and lightly built to do the same. I mounted my auxiliary lighting to the H & P bars similarly as the OEM light bar does.

Back