• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Dumped it at a stop light. Durrrr.

Alright, let's see if Iunderstand. So basically the tire deforms to take on the shape of the road to increase traction. While it's doing this, (like any of us who are contorted to an awkward position by the laws of nature) it is constantly trying to return to its original shape. As the contact patch grows smaller and the sidewall compresses due to the increased angle of lean, the tire becomes more and more determined to do so. When the traction (on the lip of the tire) is reduced to a point that it's ability to hold the road is lower than the force of the sidewall's desire to decompress, the tire rapidly and violently goes back to its original shape, causing an undesired encounter with the terra firma. And I'm guessing that a street tire without the lip will learn more steeply than a tire with the lip.

Does that about sum up what you're trying to say? I'm just trying to think it through. I may be way off base.

Back