• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Dunlap Sportmax Roadsmart II ride review

Cutter J. Duke

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My stock Metzelers were toast, a well flattened center leaving a sharp corner to eat up most of the contact patch at moderate lean angles. Time to part ways with the bump steer and weird feel of the Metzelers. So after a ton of research and some EWAG (educated wild a** guesses) I settled on the Dunlop Sportmax Roadsmart II's. At about $500 a set including taxes, I had high hope that this was not money wasted. So far I am more than thrilled. From the moment the wheels hit the ground the bike felt "tighter", more in contact with the road than it ever had. Though the reviews I had read stated that the carcass of the Roadsmarts were stiff, I feel that the bump absorption of the Dunlop's far exceed the Metzelers on their best day. I headed for an area of local road where I had experienced tracking and bump steer with the Metz's every time I had rode over it, the Dunlop's were so neutral handling over this section of road that I felt that maybe I had missed my normal line, so I repeated the trip through several times. The tires response was just amazing, the front end feel was solid, and the wheels followed the line I set without a single noticeable push, bump or track. In no time I had pushed deep into the chicken strips, the grip of the softer outer bands on the rear tire giving an incredibly planted feel when combined with the tires profile that increases the contact patch at more extreme (peg feeler dragging) angles. I am still amazed at the incredible feel of being so in contact with road that these tires provide when compared with the stockers. I feel much more confident in the grip and handling, allowing me to push my rides more into the "fun zone", and hoping that the long wear centers will provide a lot more mileage before the dreaded flattened center reappears. I think Dunlap hit a homerun with this sport/touring tire, and time will tell if the center of the tread will hold up to many miles of straight, flat Florida roads. If your looking for or about to consider a new set of buns for your NC, I don't think you would be disappointed in the Dunlop Sportmax Roadsmart II's. I will report on this thread in the future as to how they hold up to the miles. If your riding on a set now I ask that you post what you think of yours so we can help other members make more informed decisions.

Ride Safe........:cool: C.J.D.

Last edited:
Back