• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

During Covid, I seem to have over-farkled the bike

LearnedButt

Reaction score
Visit site
What to do when covid keeps you in the home, but toddlers keep you out of the house? Go to the garage and mess with the bike. Yes, my bike budget exceeds my taste. Mia culpa.

So far, on my 2020 NC750X, I've done

• Givi paniers and top box - Givi Trekker outback
  • Puig touring windscreen
  • Cheapo (read Ali-express) windscreen clip-on because even the touring screen wasn't tall enough
  • OEM center stand
  • Stormgrips tank stickers on the side
  • Custom-cut tank sticker on the top.
  • Cheapo headlight cage
  • R-Gaza upper and lower engine guards
  • Garmin GPS
  • Cheapo seat pad
  • Some random model tire pressure sensors
  • 12v USB in the top cowl
  • Cheapo radiator guard
  • Cheapo 2"risers
  • Cheapo 40mm lowered foot pegs.
  • 12v button with a separate fused power system that runs the stuff I want independent of the key (GPS, USB, etc.)
  • Custom aluminum plates I designed and made on Sendcutsend that plug into the Givi pannier racks that hold Gas on one side, and a cup holder/toolbox on the other. (don't knock the cup holder, it's proven to be awesome)
  • 3M reflectors on the weird plastic protrusions on the front cowl.
  • Ball mount for my phone (Ram Mount)

In addition to that, I've outfitted my frunk and tool kit with everything I need to repair the bike on the road.

20210408_145618.jpg20210629_175215.jpg20210629_175224.jpg20210629_175231.jpg20210629_175242.jpg20210629_175251.jpg20210629_175304.jpg20210629_175345.jpg

How do you like the cheapo seat pad? I am looking at something similar on amazon, but concerns about attaching it and actual benefit of having it.

So far, I'm not 100% loving it. I never really had issues with the seat slope, so either they solved it by 2020 or my ergos minimize the issue. What I do have is just a sore butt. So far, I'm not 100% on board with this, and may need to monkey with the inflation level. It does feel "smaller", like I'm sitting on a firm ramen cup, if that makes any sense.

This was also a cheaper thing to try before saying screw it and going Corbin.

I have a 2018, stock seat. It's ok, but I do get a sore tailbone after 2 hours or so. After 4 hours I NEED TO GET OFF! Was hoping the cheapo way out would be good enough, but I haven't pulled that trigger yet and you have expressed why I probably just need to invest in a better seat. thx

Add on Lighting ?? Heated grips ?? Handguards ?? .... lol ....

Looks like you have a Beeline GPS, what do you think of it ?

At ease, second look , seems to be a magnetic phone mount.

Last edited:

FWIW, I was an early adopter of the the Beeline GPS units.

It is a horrible horrible waste of money. The concept seems like it would make sense but in actual use I find it so badly lacking that I think it is unsafe to use in heavy city traffic, especially on city highways. In rural areas it directed me to turn into cornfields where no road has ever existed. In suburban areas with confusing corners it wanted me to turn into people's back yards. It requires a cellular connection to use the turn by turn navigation, if you happen to go off course, which you will, so you need an 'unlimited' plan, which is not always practical. If you use it off-line then you only get "directional" navigation back to your intended route, which is often not practical in cities with one-way streets.

I could go on and on for pages of all the things I dislike about my Beeline.

Seriously nice gift for a crabby mother-in-law or a tax collector, if you gift either of them one of these trinkets you will know that they probably won't find your home. So I guess it has its benefits. Perhaps you could give them a Beeline in a bouquet of Poison Ivy?

I live in so Cal, so heated grips aren't really necessary. That, and I'll admit, I'm a huge wuss and don't like riding under 60 degrees.

As to the GPS, I have a Garmin, up top, The thing sticking out of the handlebar is the readout for the tire pressure monitoring system. I love that thing, because while I consider checking my tire pressure each time I ride part of the regular "pre-flight" check for safety, I don't want the hassle of actually doing so. The phone mount is a Ram mount, and is just the ball on the left, as it's off for the picture. I found I mostly keep it in my jacket.

Also, I picked up the GIVI tankbag since the post started, so that's new.

Love those side plates decked out. If I was going to turn mine into a touring bike I'd def. do that. Great job!

Now paint that Lower center cowl black with some plasti-dip. HAHA I'm on a mission to get everyone to ditch the gross grey bug catcher.

PXL_20201208_174402792 (1).jpg

FWIW, I was an early adopter of the the Beeline GPS units.

It is a horrible horrible waste of money. The concept seems like it would make sense but in actual use I find it so badly lacking that I think it is unsafe to use in heavy city traffic, especially on city highways. In rural areas it directed me to turn into cornfields where no road has ever existed. In suburban areas with confusing corners it wanted me to turn into people's back yards. It requires a cellular connection to use the turn by turn navigation, if you happen to go off course, which you will, so you need an 'unlimited' plan, which is not always practical. If you use it off-line then you only get "directional" navigation back to your intended route, which is often not practical in cities with one-way streets.

I could go on and on for pages of all the things I dislike about my Beeline.

Seriously nice gift for a crabby mother-in-law or a tax collector, if you gift either of them one of these trinkets you will know that they probably won't find your home. So I guess it has its benefits. Perhaps you could give them a Beeline in a bouquet of Poison Ivy?
OK. That is funny as all hell. I always wondered why anyone would buy the thing. Now I know, it was to inspire the above rant!

I plasti dipped the centre and colour matched the rest for a different look.

Only after I took the photos I noticed I had put the Honda stickers on the wrong sides, it’s an age thing, they are corrected now.

Attachments

• 8BC80B60-FB7C-4F77-9780-08AB465167C8.jpeg
    8BC80B60-FB7C-4F77-9780-08AB465167C8.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 19
Back