Early morning dewy road commuter tire suggestion?

melensdad

Reaction score
Visit site
... I deal only with the Honda dealership that I purchased my bike at and I pay a premium ...
Ditto for me too.

I know it is cheaper to order tires, take the wheels off the bike, take the tires and wheels to someone to install, etc. But I get great service from my dealer, its a small family owned Honda dealership, they treat me well. I take my bike in, they service it while I wait, usually very quickly. I save a huge amount of time in the process and pay a bit more money. To me time is costly, especially with a baby in the house, seems like time has become precious as the baby's needs don't seem to respect my "projects" or my wife's "honey do" list requirements.

halfSpinDoctor

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I definitely would go through a dealer (or trusted independent mechanic) if I could find one in my area. The only two Honda dealers in my area are not "mom and pop" outfits but big companies, and outrageous for prices on service and parts. I'd happily pay 15-20% more for certain things (like tires and wheels) to save time, but not willing to pay 2x - 3x more than it would cost to do myself.

(Note: I live in roughly the same area of WI as the OP, SparkyNutz)

On the other hand, part of my reason for owning bikes is to give me a hobby where I can work on mechanical things with my hands and get away from the computer screen, so I don't mind so much.