• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Early morning dewy road commuter tire suggestion?

... I deal only with the Honda dealership that I purchased my bike at and I pay a premium ...
Ditto for me too.

I know it is cheaper to order tires, take the wheels off the bike, take the tires and wheels to someone to install, etc. But I get great service from my dealer, its a small family owned Honda dealership, they treat me well. I take my bike in, they service it while I wait, usually very quickly. I save a huge amount of time in the process and pay a bit more money. To me time is costly, especially with a baby in the house, seems like time has become precious as the baby's needs don't seem to respect my "projects" or my wife's "honey do" list requirements.

I definitely would go through a dealer (or trusted independent mechanic) if I could find one in my area. The only two Honda dealers in my area are not "mom and pop" outfits but big companies, and outrageous for prices on service and parts. I'd happily pay 15-20% more for certain things (like tires and wheels) to save time, but not willing to pay 2x - 3x more than it would cost to do myself.

(Note: I live in roughly the same area of WI as the OP, SparkyNutz)

On the other hand, part of my reason for owning bikes is to give me a hobby where I can work on mechanical things with my hands and get away from the computer screen, so I don't mind so much.

Hi I think I've tried most of the Adventure tyres on the 3 GS's I've owned and my last Honda CB500X on road mainly or light gravel . The Continental Trail attack gave amazing mileage 11000KM on a GS good in the wet great in the dry, Michelin Road 3 did not like the transition to lean, Pirelli Angel GT lovely in every way, Battle-axe good all round, Metzeler Tourance good but later Tourance wore badly on the front causing a vibration. Bought Pirelli Scorpion Trail for the CB500X and was totally satisfied. Latest NC750X fitted with Tourance so far so good. My recommendation for mainly road would be Angel GT and for road and a little offload the Scorpion Trail. I like twisty roads and these feel great you can tell if you are on gravel and the transition into corners is fabulous, could not recommend them enough. I travel in Ireland and our roads are narrow with hedges, you encounter sheep, deer, cows, cats and dogs (One hit a cat, pigeon, sheep and cow) . Our road surface varies between good, gravelly, pot holed and muddy. Our weather can be very wet, drizzly (misty rain), frosty and some sunny days. I have tried all these conditions and you really need tyres that warm up quickly.

My 12 came with the Metzeler Z8, great all around tire milage was not so good about 8K needed replacement. Was very happy with all the Bridgestones T30 GT, T30 EVO, T31. Mileage was great but wet grip was not. Went back to Metzeler Roadtec 01 Great tire, grip cold or hot wet or dry. I will find out about the mileage hope to get 10K. Never cared about any off road with the 17in rims you are limited ,but still went down many dirt, gravel roads stayed away from the sandy ones. If the mileage is only 8K I will go back with Bridgestone T32.

Found a 2020 NC750 DCT at a dealer that needs tires. They offered the bike with new Bridgestone battle axe adventure tires or as is with current tires and $400 off the price. The current tires are Dunlop trailmax. The back tire needs replacing. There is 4k miles on the bike.
Do I get the tires they are offering, another set of what is on it already or what's best option for my riding plans?
My bike will be a daily commuter 95% of the time to and from work 15 miles 70mph hwy riding 3 miles city. I'm looking for a set of tires that grip well on early morning cold dewy roads. Decent tread for occaisonal logging roads/gravel etc a plus but not required.
Good rain grip is also important.
Price and longevity less important than safety. I'm a newish rider coming from a Kawasaki super sherpa 250 and still trying to decide if I keep the bike or not. This tire choice may play some part in that.
I kinda like the looks of shinko 705 or Mitas E07 but unsure if theres better choices to be had that verifiably work on a DCT bike.
TYIA

Ryan
yes, get the tires, or see if they will let you pay the difference and up grade to the pilot 5. the [ilot 5 is made by mitchline they are great tires and are quite

Back